General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Thu 06-Apr-17 19:06:32
Print Post

Re: BT Wholesale - Congestion at WNGLC exchange

[re: Spl] [link to this post]

Just to add a few things to this.

According to BT Wholesale last month, the 21CN upgrade is due for WNGLC between 1 Sep and 30 Sep 2017. The interconnect for this is Wolverhampton.

There are 7 VPs (20CN network) for Glyn Ceiriog. 5 of them are yellow (threshold breached, though customers might not be impacted) and 2 of them are red (threshold breached, customers impacted and upgrade is delayed). I would recommend speaking to IDNet to see if you are on a yellow or red VP. It's possible you could be moved around on to a VP that is less congested.

Your exchange already serves customers for FTTC (cabinets 2 and 4) and FTTP is due soon. The FTTx services basically bypass your exchange because the handover point is Oswestry (WNOSW), where there will be far more capacity for the backhaul. When FTTP goes live, it's likely the VPs will settle down due to customers being moved from 20CN to 21CN.
Standard User huwwatkins
(committed) Thu 06-Apr-17 21:36:13
Print Post

Could be worse - you could be on a 20CN exchange with no prospect of 21CN upgrade in the foreseeable future.(like mine!)

I wonder if there is now a blanket no 20CN capacity upgrade policy in place. If so I could see an issue on many 20CN exchanges in future but it does make sense not to spend money on something they are trying to retire.
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Thu 06-Apr-17 22:07:38
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

It seems the current intention is to upgrade all IPStream (20CN) connections to WBC (21CN) by the end of 2018.
However BT has confirmed that they now intend to replace all remaining IPstream exchanges with WBC by the end of 2018, which for example means that their ‘up to’ 20Mbps ADSL2+ broadband technology should cover 99.8% of the United Kingdom. This is perhaps no surprise given BT’s joint effort with the Government’s Broadband Delivery UK programme.
Link.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 63790/13596Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Thu 06-Apr-17 22:10:13
Print Post

[re: huwwatkins] [link to this post]

By the end of next year, 21CN should have replaced 20CN across the country. Upgrades are still occurring, but I guess it's on a economic cost basis.
Standard User Spl
(newbie) Fri 07-Apr-17 12:03:53
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

Thanks for your replies.
Andy, I'm not sure where you managed to dig that info up from, thank you, I have passed it on to IDNET, I then got this back from BT Openreach:

Please see the responses to the further points you had made in your previous e-mail

What action is BT Openreach taking to prioritize the build of the 21CN at this exchange, over and above other builds, now that you are aware there is a congestion issue?

BT Openreach provide Superfast Broadband and broadband updates around the country and are not driven by how hot or congested a site is, they work to previously planned and agreed rollout plans and agreements in conjunction with local authorities. The 21C / WBC rollout plan which they are working to and are unable to bring forward is now published information and is enablement Sept 2017 with residual migration of circuits to be completed Dec 2017. BT TSO is aware of the congestion.

2) Why was BT Openreach unaware of the congestion at this exchange?

Openreach were aware of the congestion but as stated have to work to the rollout/relief plans already in place which they are doing. With this in mind Openreach are carrying out some load balancing on the site to improve the service. The intention is to complete the load balancing within 10 days. This should improve service until the exchange is upgraded to WBC.

3) If BT Wholesale had not made you aware of the congestion, where was the point of failure to do so and what is going to be done to address it?

There is not a point of failure, the infrastructure upgrade for this site is a WBC upgrade which is being carried out as per plans

4) Why is the Plusnet Exchange Checker still showing the exchange as having no issues? - this checker is updated from BT Wholesale’s own data.

All checkers are fed by the information on Openreach systems not BT Wholesale and as such they show if a particular product or broadband type is available. They are not programmed to show actual individual availability of spare ports or numbers.

I hope this has answered all the questions you have raised to your satisfaction.

This case will now be closed

Kind Regards

Sharon

All I can assume is where she says Openreach she means Wholesale as she flatly denied BT Openreach having any knowledge of there being congestion at this exchange.

Huw I hope you get sorted sooner or later. I will post any updates which hopefully may be of use to others - we live in hope.
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(experienced) Fri 07-Apr-17 15:58:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by Spl:
she flatly denied BT Openreach having any knowledge of there being congestion at this exchange.

Yes, because Openreach don't have any responsibility over the congestion side.

Sync: 40225/7660 Kbps.

Edited by WilliamGrimsley (Fri 07-Apr-17 15:58:28)

Standard User Spl
(newbie) Fri 07-Apr-17 16:56:06
Print Post

[re: WilliamGrimsley] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by WilliamGrimsley:
In reply to a post by Spl:
she flatly denied BT Openreach having any knowledge of there being congestion at this exchange.

Yes, because Openreach don't have any responsibility over the congestion side.

From BT Openreach case handler:

'Openreach were aware of the congestion but as stated have to work to the rollout/relief plans already in place which they are doing. With this in mind Openreach are carrying out some load balancing on the site to improve the service. The intention is to complete the load balancing within 10 days. This should improve service until the exchange is upgraded to WBC.'
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 07-Apr-17 16:57:32
Print Post

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
According to BT Wholesale last month, the 21CN upgrade is due for WNGLC between 1 Sep and 30 Sep 2017. The interconnect for this is Wolverhampton.
The Feb 2017 21CN roll out list only went as far as July 2017. What I would really like to know is whether WNTRB (Trearddur Bay) is now on the list and if so when the upgrade to 21CN is scheduled to take place.

Michael Chare
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(experienced) Fri 07-Apr-17 17:09:44
Print Post

Interesting, last thing I heard was that only BTW managed congestion issues.

Router in use: Billion BiPAC 8800AXL.
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Fri 07-Apr-17 17:15:49
Print Post

You are directly dealing with someone from Openreach or this is coming via IDNet?
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to