General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User mhb
(member) Sat 24-Mar-18 08:19:46
Print Post

Wrong information on BT Line checker

[link to this post]

Following fault repair work to my line a week or so ago which the engineer told me afterwards involved bypassing the faulty cable to the cabinet by connecting both myself and others via another existing cable direct to the Exchange thus making my line an Exchange line rather than a via a cabinet line. This apparently reduced the line length by some 2 km which resulted in a doubling of my broadband sync speed to 8096 kbps with a profile of approx. 7.1Mbps. My problem is that the BT line checker which has now updated to correctly reflect this speed increase, still shows my line as connected to the cabinet rather than as an Exchange line and I just know that this misinformation will cause future problems. My ISP, Plusnet, tells me that they have queried this with their suppliers (BT/Openreach) but without success. Can anyone advise on how I can sort this situation myself with BT/Openreach?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 24-Mar-18 09:03:10
Print Post

Re: Wrong information on BT Line checker

[re: mhb] [link to this post]

The problem being that in the future it may say you can get VDSL2 when you will actually not able to be.

Shifting someone from a cabinet based line to an exchange only one is very very rare, if you email us on Monday will ask Openreach to check the engineering records of what was actually done.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User mhb
(member) Sat 24-Mar-18 09:43:36
Print Post

Re: Wrong information on BT Line checker

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Ok, will do. Many thanks.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to