General Discussion
  >> BTwholesale DSL Implementation

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DerbyshireChris
(newbie) Tue 14-Aug-18 12:05:41
Print Post

Fibres on Poles

[link to this post]

Hi,

Recently we've had Openreach around installing Fibre cables onto telegraph poles and leaving loops of fibre coiled at the base of the pole. I've checked with my ISP if there's any new product coming soon and they said no.

Any ideas what this is folks?

Chris
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 14-Aug-18 12:39:45
Print Post

Re: Fibres on Poles

[re: DerbyshireChris] [link to this post]

Yep, itíll be fibre being fitted for something ? wink

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 14-Aug-18 13:14:33
Print Post

You need to tell us the exchange, and preferably your phone cabinet number. Although that won't let anyone give you a definitive answer, there are people who might be able to find out if FTTP is being installed anywhere near. (FTTP doesn't come from a cabinet. It comes from aggregation points).

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 69319/12403Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(newbie) Tue 14-Aug-18 13:31:47
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ambergate Cab 3 I think

I've had a look at a few things and can't see anything. Samknows says I don't even have FTTC but I know that I do as I have that now.

Edited by DerbyshireChris (Tue 14-Aug-18 13:32:11)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 14-Aug-18 14:33:04
Print Post

Samknows is often a long way behind on availability data, keeping up to date is not easy, and I know since do the chasing behind https://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local

There are a few postcodes that could have FTTP delivered, to bring them up to superfast speeds, on the fringes of cabinet 2 and cabinet 3 via the BDUK project

Based on guess work from where work on fibre is happening on roadworks.org my bet is it heading off towards Derwent Mills on the A6

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
(newbie) Tue 14-Aug-18 18:49:48
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

So assuming FTTP is coming...

What will that offer?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 14-Aug-18 19:06:53
Print Post

Packages like those listed at https://www.thinkbroadband.com/packages/fttp-broadband

i.e. 300 Mbps down to the same speeds as VDSL2

Business services can go faster with 500 and 1000 Mbps options

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to