User comments on ISPs
  >> Demon Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User MarkDemon
(learned) Mon 20-Dec-10 23:22:22
Print Post

Moving house...

[link to this post]

I expect to be moving house some time in the New Year and for now I will take my Demon broadband with me.

I assume little has changed since I last moved seven years ago in that (as the website states) I am essentially going to cancel the existing service where I am now (with 30 days notice), and then take out a new service (with a 24 month contract) at the new place. I will then want to revert to my old hostname at the end of this.

It just seems strange that Demon hasn't moved on and I have to cease and re-provide, all just to take my broadband to somewhere 5 mins round the corner.

I wonder how smooth it will be...

MarkDemon
Standard User CJT
(committed) Wed 22-Dec-10 21:36:35
Print Post

Re: Moving house...

[re: MarkDemon] [link to this post]

Have you contacted Demon directly to confirm?

Seems a VERY old process !

CJT.

tongue

ON BT Total Broadband .

My Broadband Speed Test

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/986285088.png[/IMG]
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sat 25-Dec-10 22:17:24
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

Seems a VERY old process !

fairly standard though, the only alternative is "Home Mover" which had a habit of going wrong.

Even if an ISP dresses it up as something else the reality of moving to a new home is that your old service is discontinued and a new one started up on the new line.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User CJT
(committed) Tue 08-Feb-11 21:58:34
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by yarwell:
fairly standard though, the only alternative is "Home Mover" which had a habit of going wrong.

Even if an ISP dresses it up as something else the reality of moving to a new home is that your old service is discontinued and a new one started up on the new line.

Ok, but I moved with BT and although it required a gap in the broadband of around 24 hrs, we did NOT sigen a new contract or have to pay any extra.

Is that unusual?

CJT.

tongue

ON BT Total Broadband .

My Broadband Speed Test

[IMG]http://www.speedtest.net/result/986285088.png[/IMG]
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Tue 08-Feb-11 22:18:29
Print Post

[re: CJT] [link to this post]

nobody signs anything these days, but suspect you'll be in a new 18 month contract even if you didn't know it. Several ISPs do free moves, as the cost of customer acquisition is high. Plusnet did one for my Dad which went wrong so I paid the connection fee to expedite it.

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
  Print Thread

Jump to