User comments on ISPs
  >> Demon Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User klaxxon
(newbie) Tue 12-Jul-11 20:57:53
Print Post

3 weeks later.

[link to this post]

For over 3 weeks now I've been seeing really slow speeds on my Demon HO 8Mbs connection. Downloads from web sites and ftp sites max out at around 80Kbps even though the results from www.speedtester.bt.com show a connection profile of around 6Mbs. I've now contacted Demon's customer support who have agreed that there is a problem and have now told me that there is an issue with throughput on the Demon network and engineers are working to fix it. The trouble starts when I ask them when the problem will be resolved and now after 3 weeks of asking, they are still unable to tell me when things will get better. They either can't or won't. After getting the same response time and again of "engineers are working on it", I am seriously doubting if they actually have anyone working on anything or is it just a standard response to get people to put up with poor performance. Even though I've 6 weeks of my 12 month contract left with them, I'm getting up early to sit on hold and request they issue a MAC.

Wish me luck !
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 12-Jul-11 21:28:43
Print Post

Re: 3 weeks later.

[re: klaxxon] [link to this post]

So do you want help choosing a new ISP, or have you decided?

As the audience here is restricted, best to ask in "Which ISP", giving your exchange link from samknows and the line stats from your router, see here.

Also your budget and whether the P2P can be scheduled overnight.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
Standard User klaxxon
(newbie) Tue 12-Jul-11 22:23:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Any help greatly appreciated. I'm stuck with ADSL Max as there are no plans to upgrade my exchange. I've been looking at all the usual suspects Plusnet, BT, Orange, but haven't reached any decision yet.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Thu 14-Jul-11 18:56:41
Print Post

[re: klaxxon] [link to this post]

I've seen an Demon announcement about speed related works overnight in the last couple of days - have a look at their Twitter feed.

What speed test result does speedtester.bt.com give you ? Does it take you to the subsequent tests if the speed is very low ?

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Are your kids pirates ? Limewire, Bearshare, Kazaa, BitTorrent, eMule are all tools of the trade.
  Print Thread

Jump to