User comments on ISPs
  >> Demon Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User caveman75
(learned) Mon 12-Dec-11 23:41:35
Print Post

Constant Disconnections

[link to this post]

Hi Everybody,

I'm a Demon user who has experienced constant disconnections for the last two days after previously experiencing a relatively reliable, if painfully slow service for the last couple of years.

I am currently trying to solve the problem without success, i'm connected to the BT test socket without any additional wiring whatsoever and the DSL light on my router is always solid yet the connection to Demon still drops every few minutes or so since the beginning of the weekend.

Has anybody else experienced the same problem? i am on the MyHal exchange in Halifax, West Yorkshire if that helps anyone to identify the problem.

Thank you
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 12-Dec-11 23:52:50
Print Post

Re: Constant Disconnections

[re: caveman75] [link to this post]

Someone's Christmas lights affecting you perhaps?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
ISP Representative DemonBroadband
(isp) Wed 14-Dec-11 10:48:37
Print Post

Hi there,

Something could have changed on the line. We recommend that you call the Demon Helpdesk (details are located at www.demon.net/contact-us) and they will perform a line test. That would then determine what will need to be done next.

Thanks,

Demon Customer Service
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 19-Dec-11 23:13:59
Print Post

While the DSL light may be solid, it is worth checking the router stats to ensure the noise margins are not wandering around.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to