User comments on ISPs
  >> Demon Internet

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Leeser
(newbie) Tue 28-Aug-12 09:45:38
Print Post

Demon Home Packages - No longer Available?

[link to this post]

Have noticed that Demon's home page has been completely redesigned and significantly there is no mention of the Home 8000 offerings.(Consumer products)
More worryingly is the statement within the "About Us" page where they seem to have completely disassociated themselves from consumer services.
"Demon services are delivered over the UKs most advanced network dedicated to business. That means our customers dont suffer from sharing a network with consumers, and can benefit from the same level of reliability as large corporate organisations. "

So what is going to happen to the many thousands of consumer customers?

Could this be related to the fact that Demon no longer update their anti virus/spam protection on pre migrated mail accounts. This has resulted in significant increases in [censored] mail according to their forum.

No communication from Demon as far as I am aware.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 28-Aug-12 11:44:35
Print Post

Re: Demon Home Packages - No longer Available?

[re: Leeser] [link to this post]

Very odd, as "We only offer broadband to businesses, which means were completely focused on meeting your needs and have never been distracted by providing consumer services" on the same page is patently untrue.

I wonder if we are looking at the right website?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - Plusnet Value Fibre FTTC 80/20 trial.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Tue 28-Aug-12 11:45:44)

Standard User MarkHendy
(newbie) Tue 28-Aug-12 12:07:24
Print Post

Re: Demon Home Packages - No longer Available?

[re: Leeser] [link to this post]

If like me, you are on a non WBC exchange (WSLEX) then if you go through the checker on the website you do eventually get offered the new ADSL package which starts at a whopping £30.
As my Exchange is going WBC in December and there is no Cable & Wireless LLU on it i'm going to be moving to someone new (been with Demon ADSL from 2003 and dial up for years before that)

The spam stuff is simply that they are too tight to spend the money on having a license for both systems until the old one is migrated. I've been migrated for a few weeks now and Exchange webmail is vastly better than the old homebrew one.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to