Technical Discussion
  >> Digital Photography, Video and Graphics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User tetsuo
(knowledge is power) Thu 03-Feb-11 09:36:44
Print Post

where to purchase medium format camera

[link to this post]

i would like either a hassleblad 503cw or mamiya 645 (theres quite a range of 645's so the best possible, preferably a AFD just for the digitalback compatibility i dont really care if it has AF) any tips on where to look? mbp only seems to sell digital equipment, the obvious choice ebay has quite a few of each but the prices vary and its hard to tell which is a good buy

Nick

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Standard User Aliturk
(committed) Thu 03-Feb-11 20:45:07
Print Post

Re: where to purchase medium format camera

[re: tetsuo] [link to this post]

I don't know how easy it is for you to get to London but you could try Aperture Uk
Friendly and knowledgable staff, there's even a cafe inside the shop
Standard User tetsuo
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Feb-11 13:23:27
Print Post

[re: Aliturk] [link to this post]

thanks for that, i phoned them because i noticed they offered shipping and they take orders over the phone.

Nick

"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Lazza
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 15-Feb-11 13:10:48
Print Post

[re: tetsuo] [link to this post]

Wow, someone on here buying a *real* camera !! laugh

I use Aperture often and they are great to deal with. Just bought a nice Rolleicord myself and really enjoying the fine life of MF - digital? Pffffftttttttt The only thing that can hold a candle to 6x6/6x7 negs in the digital world would be something extortionate like a Phase One or Hassy H4D which are financially way out of reach of real people.

Would love a nice Mamiya 6 system myself but just cannot afford it after just purchasing an Elmarit 28mm for my Leica M.

Also try Ffordes for MF gear, one of the best used dealers in the country and usually pretty spot on with pricing I find. www.ffordes.com They have a nice Mamiya 645AFD in at present for £699 I notice, great value for money considering the equiv Hassy would be twice that sort of money. wink

http://www.ffordes.com/product/10102008302981

Edited by Lazza (Tue 15-Feb-11 13:15:03)

Standard User Aliturk
(committed) Thu 17-Feb-11 22:43:46
Print Post

[re: Lazza] [link to this post]

do you scan your MF negs/transparencies? If so, what do you use?
Standard User Lazza
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 24-Feb-11 12:47:35
Print Post

[re: Aliturk] [link to this post]

I use an Epson V700, only used this for 35mm thus far as I've not yet processed any of my 120 film yet.

Supposed to be very good for MF scanning, especially if you use the Better Scanning.com film holders. If you want to see MF work scanned by the V700/750 then you might want to checkout the Epson V700 group pages on Flickr and view some of the members work there. smile

http://www.flickr.com/groups/466058@N21/
  Print Thread

Jump to