Technical Discussion
  >> Digital Photography, Video and Graphics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Littleseen
(learned) Sat 14-Jan-12 15:10:01
Print Post

Graphics Tablet

[link to this post]

I have a mad idea I might like a graphics tablet for my XP tower pc which has USB2 and Paint Shop Pro v6 as a resident prog. I am interested in creating pretty pictures should I be ever so faintly gifted.

I have looked at products sold by Maplins, Amazon, Novatek --- and ran a mile from Ipad. Am no wiser, help please?

Have surveyed the market and found it to be a jungle. Bamboo won't run PPP (ouch) and Trusty seems poorly reviewed. I had thought of spending say £40'ish, feeling my way, and if I concluded it was not all a silly idea (little sense & no talent) I might pass the cheapo on to the family pc and later buy myself say £150 worth of a fairly decent piece of kit.

Have found no overview of the field. Does not such a graphics tablet have its own artwork programme? Nobody refers to an erase button (click on undo?). I don't know the Q's to ask.......

Obscurity is a comfortable cloak

Edited by Littleseen (Sat 14-Jan-12 15:11:57)

Standard User micksharpe
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-Jan-12 15:31:59
Print Post

Re: Graphics Tablet

[re: Littleseen] [link to this post]

Wacom are good. Most graphics applications accept input from graphics tablets. Some applications support pressure-sensitive tablets, some don't.

______________________________________________________________________________________________
'Sir, please,' she said... 'Will you not share your wisdom with us?'
'I have no wisdom,' he told her.
'Your experiences, then?'
'They have been trivial, uninteresting, and full of error.'
Iain M. Banks -- Feersum Endjinn
It Ought to be Easy | Greasemonkey scripts
Standard User micksharpe
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 14-Jan-12 17:52:49
Print Post

[re: micksharpe] [link to this post]

Get a Wacom Graphire off eBay - cheap as chips and probably as good as any modern offerings

______________________________________________________________________________________________
'Sir, please,' she said... 'Will you not share your wisdom with us?'
'I have no wisdom,' he told her.
'Your experiences, then?'
'They have been trivial, uninteresting, and full of error.'
Iain M. Banks -- Feersum Endjinn
It Ought to be Easy | Greasemonkey scripts

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Littleseen
(learned) Sun 15-Jan-12 16:48:56
Print Post

[re: Littleseen] [link to this post]

Thanks for all help. After immense amount of reading on the web, reviews, spec's etc, I have ordered from those good folk in the Rain Forest a Wacom Bamboo Pen & Touch New Edition 2011

This week's beer money is now severely compromised as are the empty slots for USB cables

Obscurity is a comfortable cloak
  Print Thread

Jump to