Technical Discussion
  >> Digital Photography, Video and Graphics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 24-Jan-12 16:35:03
Print Post

Photo Thumbnail cataloger

[link to this post]

I am not sure if this is the right forum but is picture related so it kind of fits.

At work we have a lot of DVDs with photos on. Quite often these are of an event or a photo shoot with 2 or 3 people on. A colleague who uses these photos wants to put each DVD in a plastic wallet with a A4 sheet of paper with a thumbnail selection of the photos with the option to add some text (perhaps to separate out photos of multiple people into each individual). Does that make any sense? If anyone knows of any software that can do this then I would be grateful if you could let me know.

Cheers,

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.
Standard User bluetroll
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 25-Jan-12 00:01:45
Print Post

Re: Photo Thumbnail cataloger

[re: ilh] [link to this post]

The free IrfanView may do what you want if you just want to do this as a one-off. The Thumbnail viewer has an option to create contact sheets.

If you want to be able to find images later on (or may need to keep coming back to them) then an image database program may be more useful. I use IDimager which would let you catalog the contents, label the images of all disks (even help identify which disk has which images on) & can be used in offline mode to view previews even when the relevant media disk is not present. It will let you create contact sheets of selected images too. The Pro version is about £90 ($139)

Hope that helps.

"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders."
Standard User ilh
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 26-Jan-12 11:11:49
Print Post

Re: Photo Thumbnail cataloger

[re: bluetroll] [link to this post]

Irfanview gets close enough to what I need. Thanks for you help.

~ilh

The sooner you get behind, the longer you have to catch up.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to