Technical Discussion
  >> Digital Photography, Video and Graphics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Mon 05-Mar-12 20:13:17
Print Post

Any Canon 550D users.......

[link to this post]

Help needed with video. A friend has this camera and when playing back recorded video the picture shows some of the shooting data. The "Disp" button doesn't turn it off. Any suggestions please.
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Mar-12 20:51:46
Print Post

Re: Any Canon 550D users.......

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

I've just had a play with mine. Can't get it to show the shooting data.

You say "some of the shooting data", what specifically?

Tony
Standard User john2007
(legend) Mon 05-Mar-12 21:13:35
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

Perhaps e.g. a date time stamp overlay was added during recording. If that's the case it can't be removed.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wingco1
(legend) Mon 05-Mar-12 21:20:46
Print Post

To be honest I'm not sure. What he is trying to do is shoot a short vide, then download it to a Casablanca Kron for editing. Unfortunately instead of just the plain video being captured by the Kron, there is some of the shooting info I assume something like fstop etc included with the download. My friend says this information isn't included on the memory card but is included when playing out of the camera.

He is now considering a firewire card for his desktop, and is asking if he plays the video on his computer can he output from there to Kron.
(knowledge is power) Mon 05-Mar-12 21:30:43
Print Post

When playing back to a TV I've not had any data shown. I wonder if the file properties are getting displayed by the Kron? I've tried playing back with various Disp settings and they all show the basic camera settings, date, time, and so on, but they seem to relate to just one point - the start? - of the video, they don't change during the playback.

As to the last question, I have no idea, sorry.

Tony
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Mon 05-Mar-12 21:38:13
Print Post

When playing back to a TV I've not had any data shown.
Where is the playback mode selected? I wonder if that could be the cure. He says the data isn't on the memory card, how he has checked this I have no idea. I suspect he hasn't tried playing to a TV.
(knowledge is power) Tue 06-Mar-12 09:01:35
Print Post

I bought the camera to TV HDMI cable and use that. The camera senses it and blanks its LCD screen and the output goes to the TV.

I'd have thought putting the memory card into a PC reader and seeing what happens when the video is played might be helpful.

FWIW the camera's manual is downloadable from the Canon web site - though doesn't want to work at the moment frown

Tony
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Tue 06-Mar-12 10:10:00
Print Post

Thanks I'll pass the info on.
  Print Thread

Jump to