Technical Discussion
  >> Digital Photography, Video and Graphics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Littleseen
(regular) Thu 19-Jul-12 16:59:04
Print Post

uploading digital photos to pc

[link to this post]

Did not realise that there is this forum, thought I had a Windows issue, maybe cross-posting excusable please?

Me no previous experience of card readers. Have Type One Compact Flash card to upload its contents from camera to XP pc as camera maker's software now corrupt so bought a Konig USB2 reader. This is self-energized from the bus & it lights up OK. Stated to be XP compatible.

But it won't read a Fuji 256MB card. Same pin configuration, no pins bent, card inserts perfectly. Another card (4GB) also failed. Sequence of connecting USB2 cable, inserting card, opening E-drive, all that played with to no effect. Yes, E-drive indeed appears when I open My Computer. Different USB2 ports tried.

No instructions supplied with brandnew reader as presumably all is self-evident. Plug&play and no drivers required? What am I doing wrong? Is it a dud?

Obscurity is a comfortable cloak
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Jul-12 17:37:45
Print Post

Re: uploading digital photos to pc

[re: Littleseen] [link to this post]

X-posting frowned upon.

It's really a Windows issue.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Standard User flippery
(learned) Thu 19-Jul-12 17:49:26
Print Post

The problem is that software on card is not stored in a media readable fomat.
Can you not download software from camera website.
I assume you connect camera to pc via usb to upload. Does it have firewire connection?
What is camera make and model?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 19-Jul-12 21:58:12
Print Post

Windows Issues forum

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Replied to your post here, cross posting is a no no, maybe best to delete one of them.

Alastair

omadasafisho
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 19-Jul-12 22:42:10
Print Post

Re: Windows Issues forum

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Weren't me, guv!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC
Moderator billford
(moderator) Thu 19-Jul-12 22:49:08
Print Post

In reply to a post by Littleseen:
Did not realise that there is this forum, thought I had a Windows issue, maybe cross-posting excusable please?
Not really, it just confuses things and dilutes the available help.

I agree with other posters- it is really a Windows issue, so any further replies to here please.

Closed.

Bill
bill@thinkbroadband.com __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to