Technical Discussion
  >> Digital Photography, Video and Graphics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User 4444
(learned) Wed 22-Aug-12 12:05:47
Print Post

Theatres Gallery

[link to this post]

Ladies and Gentlemen,

May I present to you, my Theatres gallery.
So far I shot 12 theatres in the UK.

Sheffield Lyceum, Sheffield City Hall, Stockport Plaza, Wakefield Theatre Royal, Buxton Opera House, New Mills Art Theatre, Regent Theatre in Stoke On Trent, Leeds Grand Theatre, Blackpool Grand Theatre, Harrogate Royal Hall, Bradford Alhambra and Halifax Victoria Theatre.

If you'd like to take a look, here's a link.

Normal version: www.marksykesphotography.co.uk/theatres
Slideshow (full size, no clicking between shots): www.marksykesphotography.co.uk/theatres/slideshow

Thanks for looking and enjoy the show smile
Standard User Daniel_g
(committed) Wed 22-Aug-12 13:39:37
Print Post

Re: Theatres Gallery

[re: 4444] [link to this post]

Bet the modern theatres are not like this, so nice in the old days, our New theatre (not new) has that sort of look but what you took, the places seem so much nicer, nice lighting as well. did they light it for you when there.

Just had a quick look at some other places you have taken and found Las vegas. Just seen a few photos of Las vegas hotel rooms on an american web site, but that was because of a news story!. Makes sense when you see the news today or maybe already have.

Getting off the point.

Nice photos, my camera is horrible in low light when doing what is going on on the stage like at Butlins. Still not a proper SLR job with different lenses.

does me but nice to get results like that.
Standard User 4444
(learned) Wed 22-Aug-12 16:22:34
Print Post

Re: Theatres Gallery

[re: Daniel_g] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Daniel_g:
Bet the modern theatres are not like this, so nice in the old days, our New theatre (not new) has that sort of look but what you took, the places seem so much nicer, nice lighting as well. did they light it for you when there.

Just had a quick look at some other places you have taken and found Las vegas. Just seen a few photos of Las vegas hotel rooms on an american web site, but that was because of a news story!. Makes sense when you see the news today or maybe already have.

Getting off the point.

Nice photos, my camera is horrible in low light when doing what is going on on the stage like at Butlins. Still not a proper SLR job with different lenses.

does me but nice to get results like that.

Thank you very much.
The lighting was just the "normal" lighting they use to illuminate the auditorium.
They didn't switch anything on or off just for me.
The only exception was at Stockport Plaza, when they raised the organ in front of the stage.

I've not seen the news today, so I don't know about the LV story.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to