Technical Discussion
  >> Digital Photography, Video and Graphics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User metalhead41
(knowledge is power) Tue 16-Oct-12 23:52:21
Print Post

Off Camera Flash

[link to this post]

I've picked up a radio kit so I can now shoot with my flash off of my camera smile
Set it up and it all seems to work, the only issue is that I'm having trouble finding stuff I can use to practice on. It turns out I don't own a lot of stuff that that is interesting to photograph and my OH hates her photo being taken so no cheap model here to use frown
So any ideas on stuff I could shoot? Also, would it be worth investing in a diffuser or cheap softbox/beauty dish or umbrella?

----------------------------------------------------
We may be human But we're still animals

My Blog | follow me @metalhead41 | Surfin' Bird Dance
Standard User TrevorSP
(knowledge is power) Fri 19-Oct-12 15:02:20
Print Post

Re: Off Camera Flash

[re: metalhead41] [link to this post]

Unable to help with you lack of models, however, you have opened up quite a lot of things that you can try now...... It's up to your imagination really.

However, even a cheap diffuser will help you out on a lot of subjects, partcularly human shots etc. If you want to do things the old fashioned way, you could always buy some Different coloured Gells to try, however, the digital age has taken over from that sort of thing, just worth learning to do it for the fun of it really.

But certainly, get yourself a nice "COLLAPSABLE" light box & diffuser or umbrella, they all do different things and the upside of the digital age is that it now costs next to nothing to experiment.

Using a light outside can be very effective sometimes, especially if you are into shooting bugs like spiders and things.......

Just a thought......

Regards,
Trevor

2 x F2S 8mb lines, current speeds a rock solid 6.2mbps on each one.(hiding behind DG834PN & DGN2000 routers) on: a Win7 32 Ult (RTM) Desktop, Win7 64 Ult (RTM) ) Desktop & Win 7 64 Ult (RTM) Laptop.
  Print Thread

Jump to