Technical Discussion
  >> Digital Photography, Video and Graphics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User metalhead41
(knowledge is power) Sat 27-Oct-12 21:07:28
Print Post

Fleet Pond

[link to this post]

Last weekend I purchased the Canon 17-40mm L lens and I've only just got around to testing it fully today and since it was fairly decent weather I decided to go for a walk around Fleet pond. I've still got to sort the photo's out I took during summer with my other new toy (70-200mm f/4 L).
Enjoy - oh and as always comments and suggestions are more than welcome smile

*Edit*
Oh, lesson of the day learnt, always charge your battery up before shooting, or carry a charged spare on you frown
For that reason I now own a battery grip for the camera so it uses 2 batteries and if really desperate it will run on 6 AA's laugh

----------------------------------------------------
We may be human But we're still animals

My Blog | follow me @metalhead41 | Surfin' Bird Dance

Edited by metalhead41 (Sat 27-Oct-12 21:10:22)

Standard User MHC
(legend) Sat 27-Oct-12 22:26:45
Print Post

Re: Fleet Pond

[re: metalhead41] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by metalhead41:
Oh, lesson of the day learnt, always charge your battery up before shooting, or carry a charged spare on you frown
For that reason I now own a battery grip for the camera so it uses 2 batteries and if really desperate it will run on 6 AA's laugh

A couple of years back I was on Curacao - one of the Netherlands Antilles off the coast of Venezuela. It was a 15 minute drive and 10 minute walk from any road and probably an hour from any shop. I was using my DSLR with spare batteries available when I heard cursing from a couple of South Africans - their little compact camera had flat batteries and they had no spares. Always well equipped, I had a few spare AAs available and offered him a couple - the sense of relief was amazing!

A coupe of years later, I finally called in the Cavour on a trip to S Africa and as promised he took my wife and I out for a few glasses of local wine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
  Print Thread

Jump to