Technical Discussion
  >> Digital Photography, Video and Graphics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 17-Jan-13 10:55:02
Print Post

video and quadcopters

[link to this post]

i am not really sure where to stick this, but since it is about video cameras as well I will stick it here.

I been looking at these devices for a while now, prices have come down for mini quadcopters. i was thinking of maybe getting a micro one to start with and stick a little thumbnail camera on it, some of them can put out pretty decent video.

the other choice is to get something a bit larger and stick something like thison it.

Like I don't want to go to mad money wise at the moment, but I thought getting some shoots from the air could be useful.

Not bothered about FPV, better to record on board camcorder anyway.

the problem I see is that with many videos I have seen on you tube is that you can see the rotors.

Have anyone mucked around with these things?

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALLPAY Wireless broadband
Standard User bluetroll
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Jan-13 23:11:38
Print Post

Re: video and quadcopters

[re: zyborg47] [link to this post]

A friend over in Canada recently got a Parrot AR Drone WiFi controlled copter (website) which I've been quite impressed by some the videos that he's shared with me. Don't know if it is in the budget.

"The problem with stuff that is meant to be idiotproof is that it immediately stimulates the development of new and improved idiots"
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 22-Jan-13 21:20:29
Print Post

Re: video and quadcopters

[re: bluetroll] [link to this post]

I like the parrot as it can be used with a phone or tablet , so you can see what the camera is seeing. I have seen some videos, some are good, some are naff. it is not out of my price range as such, but at the moment I would not want to spend that much.

What I have decided on is a micro one, like the Hubsan x4, it is about palm size and I am going to put a little keychain camera on it. the reason being is that it is cheap for me to practice with and then when I have got used to it, i will go for something bigger, like the Parrot.

The parrot looks easy to fly and is so stable, according to what I been reading the little hubsan is as well, We will see.

I have ordered the camera, it comes from China, so will take a few week to get here, just got to order the quad now.

It would have been nice to have it now to take some video of the snow covered ground, but never mind.

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALLPAY Wireless broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to