Technical Discussion
  >> Digital Photography, Video and Graphics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Sun 19-Jan-14 21:05:57
Print Post

Canon MG7150 Printer

[link to this post]

I have recently purchased this printer to replace my Pixma 4500. My main use is direct disc printing. It would appear that the simple and reliable CDLabelPrint software used previously, is not compatable with the 7150.

Anyone know of a computer based alternative?
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Sun 19-Jan-14 22:09:31
Print Post

Re: Canon MG7150 Printer

[re: wingco1] [link to this post]

Does it not come with its own label printing software? My Epson XP-605 did.

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Sun 19-Jan-14 22:17:03
Print Post

[re: cheshire_man] [link to this post]

It has software, but it has to be used directly from the printers touch screen. It's not computer software like the CDLabelPrint. I've not tried yet but it seems like a nightmare to use.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User wingco1
(legend) Sun 19-Jan-14 22:51:40
Print Post

I have found some PC software in the bundled bloatware. Not particularly intuitive or flexible.
Standard User Mygri
(newbie) Mon 20-Jan-14 11:35:05
Print Post

Hi wingco1,

I've recently purchased a Canon Pixma iP7250, in part because of its CD printing capabilities. Overall I'm pleased with it, but like you, I've found the included software (Easy-PhotoPrint EX) for CD printing to be unintuitive and inflexible - the Easy bit must be someone's idea of a joke. However, the printer itself has no screen, so at least I'm spared the pain of trying to work through that straitjacket. You have my sympathy!

I noted your reference to CDLabelPrint, and wondered whether it might help overcome the limitations of the above software for my situation. It is not included in the rather old compatibility listing, but I also found this link http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1303425 which might be worth a try. I'd be interested to know if you do try it and what results you get.

Cheers
Standard User cheshire_man
(knowledge is power) Mon 20-Jan-14 18:18:12
Print Post

I wonder if perhaps the Epson Print CD utility downloadable from here would work?

Tony
We have more and more laws, and less and less enforcement
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Tue 21-Jan-14 17:10:14
Print Post

[re: Mygri] [link to this post]

You can still get the CDLabelPrint from the Canon website, providing you pick an older Pixma printer. Not sure re compatability with the newer ones but I think I'll have to try it and see.
Standard User Mygri
(newbie) Tue 21-Jan-14 17:37:49
Print Post

CD-LabelPrint is available from the link I provided above (11th post therein), so no need to enter an old model number. As it happens, it works very well with my iP7250, so I'm well pleased - thanks for the lead smile

Were you able to try the add-on module which is the second hyperlink in the first post of the above link? I know it's for Vista, but there's a good chance it would work in W7, and probably W8 as well. Although it's academic for me now, I'd still be interested to know if it helps with your problem.

Cheers
Standard User wingco1
(legend) Tue 21-Jan-14 17:49:37
Print Post

[re: Mygri] [link to this post]

I was just about to update. I downloaded from Canon Europe website installed on my W8 laptop and tried a print. All worked fine.

I'm also a happy punter again smile Sometimes developers can just be over the top with software.
Standard User Mygri
(newbie) Tue 21-Jan-14 17:56:55
Print Post

Nice! smile
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to