Technical Discussion
  >> Digital Photography, Video and Graphics

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Dec-17 23:45:03
Print Post

Re: quiet in here

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
I didn't mention photographs therefore I can only assume that you are an AI with bad programming.

But you made a statement beginning: "If a tree falls in a forest..." and in the context of this thread imaginatively "picturing" such an event does perhaps make photography relevant?

Hypothetically lets say a person goes into the forest with an intention of taking some photographs of a waterfall. Initially on arrival at the site of the waterfall the person, as an observer, sees the pleasing movement of falling water within it's surroundings. Then she or he takes a photograph of the waterfall using a slow shutter speed and the resultant image (the camera's observation) may give an impression of fluidity. Next with a fast shutter speed cascading droplets of water might be captured in the resultant image (a different camera observation) giving an impression of the the drama of the event rather than the event's flowing fluidity.

So concerning your image of "...a tree falls in a forest..." this dynamic event can be appreciated both aesthetically and physically and as an analogy, in the context of this thread, photography is perhaps applicable regarding the observable qualities of moving phenomena.
Standard User broadband66
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 03-Jan-18 21:23:38
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to video the event, does it make a noise?

Thought a normal person may have grasped the idea! As I stated you must be a badly programmed AI.

Was Eclipse Home Option 1, VM 2Mb & O2 Standard
Now Utility Warehouse (up to 16mbps) via Talk Talk
Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Thu 04-Jan-18 00:49:40
Print Post

[re: broadband66] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by broadband66:
If a tree falls in a forest and nobody is around to video the event, does it make a noise?

Thought a normal person may have grasped the idea! As I stated you must be a badly programmed AI.

Thank you for mentioning video (or lack of video) - obviously in the absence of a videographer, the question of whether there is or there is not a sound can not be answered since there is no recording of the event.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to