Had a quick scour through the forums but couldn't find a response which exactly fitted my issue. Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.
- PS3 connected wth Wireless G
- Readynas NAS DUO / PCH Streamer / Blu Ray - all hard cabled
- Squeebox Boom (Wireles G)
- 2 Wireless G laptops
- 3 wireless N laptops
- DG834G v3 modem router
- BE Unlimited (downspeed about 13.5mbps and upspeed 1.3mbps)
Thinking of upgrading to a Wireless N modem router but wary of comments across the forums of speed degradation when mixing G & N clients on an N wireless network.
1) Can I make the DG834G just a Wireless Access Point to serve the G-only clients?
2) Can I connect the DG834G to a new wireless N modem router which would serve the G-clients
3) Given thay my NAS would benefit from a Gigabit switch, and I'm on BE Unlimited, is there a model router which would be ideally suited to these, if 1 and 2 above are both possible?
Thanks for any help