Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User reapola
(newbie) Thu 24-Feb-11 00:17:06
Print Post

Fritz!Box 7390 - pbx issue

[link to this post]

Hi All,

Received my FB 7390 from cclonline on Tuesday and while i'm very impressed with the sync speed, hardware specs and wireless throughput I'm having a bit of problem with the telephone (pbx).

Basically I can hear the adsl line through the telephone when it's connected via the 7390. It comes through as a rush/hiss noise and is not apparent when connected directly to the filtered faceplate or a standard filter. If you reset the router you can even hear the line training/syncing and then it turns into a proper modem hiss - sufficed to say the wife is not impressed with my £200+ purchase frown

Has anyone got this or any of the older models with int pbx that have experienced this? Best I've gotten out of AVM so far is a standard email reply getting me to rule out internal interference i.e. noisy psu cables, usb, lan etc etc.

Cheers,

Colin
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 24-Feb-11 09:35:21
Print Post

Re: Fritz!Box 7390 - pbx issue

[re: reapola] [link to this post]

Try a filter on the phone connection.

______________________________________________________________________________attack_the_post_not_the_poster__________________
Standard User reapola
(newbie) Thu 24-Feb-11 13:38:34
Print Post

sigh, AVM is still trying to blame external equipment for the interference/hiss. It's good they have confidence in their product but to rule it out completely is a bit premature

Dear Mr.

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Please note, the issue is not caused by the FRITZ!Box but by a not
determined component (e.g. telephone, cable, power supply, DSL splitter)
that cannot be influenced by the FRITZ!Box.

Please also test with different phones, one at a time.

Also test the behaviour at a different telephone extension, e.g.
neighbour's, friend's to find out whether the same behaviour can be
observed there as well.

If the problem persists, please compile the FRITZ!Box support data:

NOTE: The support data contains the settings of the FRITZ!Box and the
event log. The information in the support data will be treated
confidentially and will only be used by us for solving this case and will
not be passed to any third-party. The support data will be deleted after
the analysis or after the case has been closed at the latest.

1. In your browser, enter http://fritz.box/html/support.html
2. Click "Generate Support Data" and save file "SUPPORT.TXT" at a location
of your choice.

My reply
Attached is the support data text file.

I fail to see how we can rule out the fritz!box given that prior to the installation I have never heard my dsl line syncing/talking over the telephone. Here's what I have done so far and the hiss is still there.

-registered a dect phone directly to the fritz box
-used my iphone with the fritz!fon app
-connected a fixed line phone directly into fon1 and 2
-dect base station connected into fon1/2

The hiss is not present if i:

-connect the analogue telephone directly into the filtered faceplate OR a standard filter (different make)
-disconnect the analogue portion of the Y cable, although when you pick up the phone the internet phone led lights instead of fixed line.
-disconnect the dsl cable but leave the analogue portion of the Y cable connected.
-use voip with a dect, analogue or IP phone

For your information, the 7390 is connected into the master BT socket with no other extensions connected either before or after the master.

Regards,

Colin

Talktalk business ADSL2+ - 20Mb/1Mb

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User reapola
(newbie) Thu 24-Feb-11 13:41:40
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Try a filter on the phone connection.

Connected a dsl filter inbetween the fon1 out the 7390 and the analogue telephone and the hiss is still there frown

Talktalk business ADSL2+ - 20Mb/1Mb

Edited by reapola (Thu 24-Feb-11 13:42:31)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 17-Mar-11 11:40:43
Print Post

Colin,

I have exactly this issue. I've returned the FB back to the supplier and I'm currently dealing with two dodgy replacements which are not installed on my network as the dongles are missing. So, I can't tell if this is a faulty FB issue or a design fault. AVM agreed that the box was faulty as did the supplier (VOIPON) so I've had no isse returning it.

It sounds like they have a design fault here if it's on more than one unit, or at least a manafacturing issue.

I'm not sure if the newere Drayteks provide the same level of PBX functionality as the FB otherwise I'd be going for a Draytek now. Tricky to get internal SIP registration, 4 x Gbit, dual WiFi, VPN all on a single box.

Jed
Standard User eyeeye
(newbie) Mon 04-Apr-11 14:29:11
Print Post

I have same problem. I am awaiting a reply from avm.
Standard User lexden16
(newbie) Tue 26-Apr-11 11:30:56
Print Post

[re: eyeeye] [link to this post]

I have had a FritzBox 7390 for about a month now. Synchronization has not been great on an ADSL2+ line. I have an IP of 8000 with a DS SNR of 16 and LA of 15. I have new Gigaset DECT handsets connected to the router and the sound quality is not as good as it was through the Gigaset base station. Also, whenever the phone rang, I lost my internet connection. Although my Fritz telephone cable is connected directly to a new NTE5 filtered faceplate, I have now inserted an ADSL filter onto the line. The loss of internet when the phone rings issue is now sorted but occasionally I get an annoying echo on the phone line.

If I run the FritzBox diagnostics tool what data will the TXT file show: for example, will it show fluctuating downstream SNR which I can use to show/rule out a BT line fault? It is times like this that I wished that I was not running a Mac and had access to RouterStats. Is there an equivalent monitoring programme out there?
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sat 14-May-11 12:58:43
Print Post

[re: lexden16] [link to this post]

Hi,

I had exactly the same problem.

Clearly its a FritzBox issue because I had no problem with my previous modem/router.

Maybe the FritzBox uses more bandwith/power to sync so it can be heard on the analog line, therefore slightly bypassing the filter.

So I increased the filtering power by using two adsl filters in serial! smile

And now, the problem is gone, no more background noise.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 16-May-11 03:28:25
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

"So I increased the filtering power by using two adsl filters in serial"

I can confirm It workssmile
It now has greatly reduced the background hiss so its not a foreground messsmile

Thanks dude, Your a legend.

Fritz Box, fix your stuff.
I was reviewing the 7270 for resale purposes and if the Fritz Box company reply is an indication of a classic "head in the sand" treat your customers like morons approach then i'll keep looking for a different solution.
Standard User wytco0
(learned) Sat 02-Jul-11 12:30:58
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I have the same problem with a 7270, I just had to start using it for DECT as my Panasonic DECT base has broken. For now I am using 2 filters which has removed the hiss.

Did anyone get a reply or solution from AVM?

Also does anyone know if its possible to transfer a in progress call between headsets with the 7270? I cant fine a way of doing it.

Edited by wytco0 (Sat 02-Jul-11 12:31:33)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to