Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Intenti0n
(newbie) Sat 05-Mar-11 23:48:28
Print Post

BATTLE! Linksys E3000 Vs Netgear WNDR3700(v1)

[link to this post]

So I was looking for a new router to go with my FTC connection.
After some helpful posts here, I narrowed my search to the Linksys e3000.

Initially I was anti netgear but after reading some reviews about the WNDR3700 (v1), I would consider it.

One negative thing about the Netgear is that now the v2 is out, apparently Netgear are only doing firmware updates for that model and kinda forgetting the v1 ?

What would choose between the two?

thanks in advance
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 05-Mar-11 23:59:32
Print Post

Re: BATTLE! Linksys E3000 Vs Netgear WNDR3700(v1)

[re: Intenti0n] [link to this post]

Linksys

Reason: Opposition is netgear.

(newbie) Sun 06-Mar-11 00:07:06
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

I hear you mate, I really had a bad experience with the Netgear hub (Virgin 20mb service). I am talking about constant wifi drops, if i tried to run any p2p .... it would totally lock up the router so I couldn't browse from any machine. etc etc

However, can you deny the solid performance / review of the WNDR3700 v1 ?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Mar-11 00:34:49
Print Post

[re: Intenti0n] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Intenti0n:
I hear you mate, I really had a bad experience with the Netgear hub (Virgin 20mb service). I am talking about constant wifi drops, if i tried to run any p2p .... it would totally lock up the router so I couldn't browse from any machine. etc etc

However, can you deny the solid performance / review of the WNDR3700 v1 ?

On a more serious note (from my previous flippant comment) I couldn't really tell you. However, I have read many good reviews of netgear products over the time yet I have seen more netgear routers doing "strange" things than ones working properly - such as web interface constantly freezing and needing a reboot, and/or locking you out for 10 min because it thinks someone else is logged into it. Unless something drastic happens I'd never buy any of their products. Belkin is a bag of [censored] too.

Linksys on the other hand are refreshingly easy to use and do exactly what they say on the tin.

As a bit of a side note, I don't pay too much attention to router reviews any more. I had a linksys AG241 and WAG54GS in the past and if you look at their reviews they aren't very good, numerous people complaining about silly things, yet I never really had any problems with them, and I used most features of them too - they are still both working perfectly as I passed them on to friends.

Considered a Draytek product?

Edited by Pipexer (Sun 06-Mar-11 00:36:15)

Print Thread

Jump to