Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bearded_malc
(newbie) Wed 15-Jun-11 16:56:49
Print Post

DMT tool with TP-Link modem?

[link to this post]

Hi,

Does anyone know how to get DMT tool to work with a TP-Link modem? Specifically the TD-8840T. Or some similar tool that works with TD-8840T? I've got router-stats to work ok but that does telnet in so only shows what's on the web interface.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(knowledge is power) Wed 15-Jun-11 17:15:53
Print Post

Re: DMT tool with TP-Link modem?

[re: bearded_malc] [link to this post]

Get a Netgear!

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU BB => 2010: Orange 19 Meg Tweaked / 16 Meg Untweaked LLU BB
Standard User bearded_malc
(newbie) Wed 15-Jun-11 17:48:37
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

And the point of your post is what? That you work for netgear?

I don't have problem with TP-Link. For 15 quid it has given me a 22% speed increase. I'd just like to get DMT working so I can tweak to see if I can get up from 7616 to 8128.

More on point I have found OrbMT. That connects it I use the P-635HWI type setting which is lists as Zyxel Prestige 635HWI, Edimax AR-7xxx, Billion BiPAC 52xx.

Trying to debug DMT different types it doesn't seem to have setting that is right. On OrbMT the login names is greyed out for the 635 setting. That fits with telnetting in. I just get the password prompt and no login. I can't seem to get DMT to do that.

Edited by bearded_malc (Wed 15-Jun-11 18:00:30)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User baby_frogmella
(committed) Wed 15-Jun-11 18:02:32
Print Post

[re: bearded_malc] [link to this post]

According to this, the TD8840 uses either the Broadcom BCM6338 or BCM5325 chipset. If your router is new-ish, then chances are its got the 6338 chipset which should work with DMT tool v8.07

http://www.2cent.de/dmt/v8/dmt.zip

TalkTalk Plus LLU ADSL2+ connected @ 17612/1019 kbps
Attenuation 27db down / 9db up
Noise Margin 3.3 db down / 12db up