Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 11-Jul-11 16:07:06
Print Post

Cisco 857 and BT 21CN network

[link to this post]

Hey there,

Just moved back to BT from TalkTalk, and am using a Cisco 857 with version 4.0.0.18 firmware for the Alcatel 20190 chip which apparently addresses BT specific issues with the DSLAMS they're using. However, I'm still getting ridiculous header and CRC errors and line retrains regularly - can anyone tell me an IOS and firmware revision they're using for this that seemingly works properly?

Thanks,

Damo

da7ian@hotmail.com
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 11-Jul-11 16:25:36
Print Post

Re: Cisco 857 and BT 21CN network

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

...and just as a further, I'm using IOS 12.4(15)T15.

Cheers.
Standard User demonuk
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 08-Aug-11 02:30:24
Print Post

Re: Cisco 857 and BT 21CN network

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Just moved back to BT from TalkTalk, and am using a Cisco 857 with version 4.0.0.18 firmware for the Alcatel 20190 chip which apparently addresses BT specific issues with the DSLAMS they're using. However, I'm still getting ridiculous header and CRC errors and line retrains regularly - can anyone tell me an IOS and firmware revision they're using for this that seemingly works properly?

DSL Firmware 9.0.140 is worth trying - the TAC recommended this specifically for BT's Huawei MSAN's, so it might work well for you.

It doesn't appear to be available to download on cisco.com as yet, so I would recommend raising a case Cisco (providing you have a support contract, that is!) for it to be supplied.

--
Martyn Dewar