Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dspillett
(committed) Sun 21-Aug-11 11:13:39
Print Post

VDSL modem compatible with BT's FTTC

[link to this post]

The VDSL router that came with me FTTC line is dead (and certainly not just pining for the fjords) and I've not yet managed to get hold of my ISP to arrange a replacement (if went off at 1330 yesterday (Saturday) apparently, though I didn't get home until 2200).

While I know you are not supposed to use anything other than the BR/OR provided VDSL modem, I'm not liking having that box as a single point of failure.

Could anyone recommend a, preferably inexpensive, device that would do its job (be a VDSL modem for BT's FTTC setup, and present a PPPoE interface to my network)?

--------------------------------------------------------
Current ISP: Andrews & Arnold (AAISP, aa.net.uk) via FTTC at ~36Mbit down & ~10Mbit up, joined July 2011.
Previous setup: Be Pro with UploadPlus (ADSL2+, AnnexM), 12ish Mbit down, 1.6 up, happy customer for ~2.5 years.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 21-Aug-11 11:20:34
Print Post

Re: VDSL modem compatible with BT's FTTC

[re: dspillett] [link to this post]

Try the Fibre forum. e.g. http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/3963965-alt...

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User dspillett
(committed) Mon 22-Aug-11 10:06:20
Print Post

Re: VDSL modem compatible with BT's FTTC

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Thanks for the pointer. I'm not sure why I didn't notice that (more relevant) section being there...

--------------------------------------------------------
Current ISP: Andrews & Arnold (AAISP, aa.net.uk) via FTTC at ~36Mbit down & ~10Mbit up, joined July 2011.
Previous setup: Be Pro with UploadPlus (ADSL2+, AnnexM), 12ish Mbit down, 1.6 up, happy customer for ~2.5 years.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to