Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tonym
(member) Mon 26-Sep-11 13:42:23
Print Post

Fritzbox 7390 Users re: CLI

[link to this post]

Can any one using the Fritzbox 7390 give me some info.

Using the Fritzbox with a cordless phone (PSTN) connected to either FON 1 or FOn 2 connection and cannot get Caller ID showing up.
Phones screen shows as WITHHELD, Fritzbox call list shows as UNKNOWN.

This is with caller ID available from BT and showing on the phone when connected direct to the BT phone socket a.

Also in Fritzbox telephony devices this is set:
Calling line identification presentation (CLIP) (set on)

Simple mode ( set)

This is the same if I register a dect phone to the Fritz base station , NO caller ID

Working fine on Fibre, but trouble getting the PSTN phone and Dects connected to the Fritzbox to give out caller ID

tonym
Standard User TrooperHill
(newbie) Thu 06-Oct-11 13:49:29
Print Post

Re: Fritzbox 7390 Users re: CLI

[re: tonym] [link to this post]

I'm with you on this one tonym. It took me ages to find the CLIP option, which only exists on the FON lines it seems, not the DECT handsets.

Either way, no caller display on anything, despite the fact that a phone hooked directly into the PSTN line does display a number.

All online discussions on this seem to be based in Australia and there seems to be a claim by AVM to have fixed this problem - but it still doesn't work despite having updated to latest firmware. It's a real nuisance and not a problem I expected to have in such an expensive unit.

Do you also notice a lot of line noise (from the data) on your phones connected to the 7390?
Standard User tonym
(member) Thu 06-Oct-11 14:01:38
Print Post

[re: TrooperHill] [link to this post]

Apprfeciate you posting .
I will talk about the noise first. I only notice echo, sometimes bad on the Phones connected to FON 1 or 2 and dect phones as well.

Yes clip is a major problem. Have you put in a support request to AVM. If not I would appreciate it if you did. It helps all of us.
There are others in Australia with the same problem ,but they use a different system over there..

if you put in a support request , AVM will reply saying that its NOT there Fritz ,its your line etc . I emailed back saying BT have insisted that there is nothing wrong with the line or box.
They then emailed back a set of instructions to try and also a request to send some data from the fritz .

Look , just had a reply come in this instance from AVM. I will get back to you.

But could you do us a favour report the Failure of Caller Identification to AVM support.

I will study the reply from AVM and if you don't mind , can I PM you.

tonym

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User TrooperHill
(newbie) Thu 06-Oct-11 19:22:33
Print Post

I have submitted a support request to AVM mentioning the noise issue as well as the CLIP issue. I also seem to have issues with email notification of phone messages - was working but no longer does. Haven't changed anything.

By all means PM me with the info you have. I will let you know what (if any ) response I get. However from what I read elsewhere I pretty much expect a "head in the sand" approach.
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Sat 08-Oct-11 22:54:02
Print Post

Sorry to hear you guys having problems, btu a pre-sales email exchange made me vow never to buy a Fritz unit.

I emailed to ask the chipset used in a particular unit and they emailed back some comment about chips (the potato kind) and being British, the shmucks.

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User chippyrich
(newbie) Fri 14-Oct-11 13:54:26
Print Post

Hi Tonym/TrooperHill,

Looks like you are having the same problems as me.

Regarding noise, I put an extra filter in and that seems to be resolved.

I received a response to my case with a number of things to try, none of which have worked. The bottom line seems to be that if it still doesn't work it is not a problem with the fritzbox, but the signal is too weak. It works fine if connected directly to the phone line.

Rich
Standard User tonym
(member) Sun 16-Oct-11 17:29:56
Print Post

[re: chippyrich] [link to this post]

After doing a firmware update and repeating the tests for AVM, I recieved this from support on the 11th october.

"Thank you very much for sending the requested support data.

This will allow us to analyse the behaviour. If we should find the cause on
side of the FRITZ!Box, we will provide a solution with a forthcoming
firmware update.

We will get in touch with you if we should have any further questions or if
we can offer any other solutions for this issue.

Best regards,

****-**** (AVM Support)"

I still don't hold out much hope, and if I haven't heard from them within a month I might move on. There is no point in paying a premium price for something which only partly works.

Caller ID is a must have for me, and as it does not work, it also means call blocking and transfers is useless if you do not know the number.

tonym
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Sun 16-Oct-11 19:50:39
Print Post

Caller ID is sent using low speed modem technology so is potentially subject to disruption by noise on the line and such like... coincidence?
Standard User tonym
(member) Sun 16-Oct-11 19:58:27
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Caller ID works with the phone connected directly to the VDSL plate/phone socket.

It just fails to work when connected to the FON 1, FON 2 connection on the Fritz!box, or with any Dect phone registered to the Fritz!box.

Caller ID works on VOIP

To me that looks like a problem for AVM

tonym

Edited by tonym (Sun 16-Oct-11 20:02:04)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Mon 21-Nov-11 12:13:27
Print Post

Also having the same problem. Does anyone have an update from AVM re the CLI issue.

I've also reported it as a support ticket. Will provide an update if anything meaningful received from AVM.

Thanks.

Herbie
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to