Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User rosspaul
(regular) Mon 10-Oct-11 18:22:48
Print Post

Looking for a new Router

[link to this post]

Hi
I am on O2 ADSL2+

My Dlink 2640B has died on me today, I am looking for replacement with QOS as I would need to configure it to give top priority to my VOIP device.
I would also require excellent Wifi capabilities + Mac filtering for Wifi (I'm a little paranoid).
I'm thinking maybe Billion BiPAC 7800N - it seems to have what I'm after, though perhaps its a bit over the top.

Hope you can advise.
Thanks

AOL/TheFreeDotNet/RedHotAnt/Ezesurf/Pipex/Madasafish/O2 Premium

Edited by rosspaul (Mon 10-Oct-11 19:05:42)

Standard User GunJack
(newbie) Mon 24-Oct-11 23:00:31
Print Post

Re: Looking for a new Router

[re: rosspaul] [link to this post]

You can get refurb 2640B's on ebay with a warranty for £20 delivered. Great piece of kit. I've still got three, did have 4 but sold one to a mate who needed a decent router - well, you gotta have a spare wink

Just a thought, it's not just the power supply that's died is it ?? I've had a couple where I thought it was the router, but it was just the PSU that had gone. These are also available on ebay from around £8. But, get a refurb for £20 and it comes with the psu anyway, and there's a spare router if yours is ok smile
Standard User rosspaul
(regular) Thu 27-Oct-11 22:16:15
Print Post

[re: GunJack] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by GunJack:
You can get refurb 2640B's on ebay with a warranty for £20 delivered. Great piece of kit. I've still got three, did have 4 but sold one to a mate who needed a decent router - well, you gotta have a spare wink

Just a thought, it's not just the power supply that's died is it ?? I've had a couple where I thought it was the router, but it was just the PSU that had gone. These are also available on ebay from around £8. But, get a refurb for £20 and it comes with the psu anyway, and there's a spare router if yours is ok smile

Thanks for the reply. I couldn't wait any longer & bought a Billion 7800n.
No its not the PSU, I've had one die on me recently too so that was the first thing I checked when my problems started.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User epyon
(member) Fri 28-Oct-11 00:08:14
Print Post

You will be happy with that

its a fantastic piece of kit.

BE*Unlimited15713/1321Kbps
My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User iand
(experienced) Tue 01-Nov-11 19:48:42
Print Post

Can you give a update as to how this works on your line. I assume you will update the firmware to the latest release once you get it.

IanD
Standard User rosspaul
(regular) Sat 12-Nov-11 21:37:29
Print Post

[re: iand] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by iand:
Can you give a update as to how this works on your line. I assume you will update the firmware to the latest release once you get it.

I am very happy with it. I haven't been able to sort out QOS for my Vonage line but it hasn't really been an issue. It came with the latest firmware.

[img]http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/13211...[/img]

Edited by rosspaul (Sat 12-Nov-11 21:40:20)

Print Thread

Jump to