Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User pgale
(regular) Tue 03-Jan-12 14:07:00
Print Post

Options for MLPPP ADSL2+ bonding?

[link to this post]

Moved from the Enta forum:

I've had three ADSL Max lines running via a MLPPP bonded Linux router PC (using the now defunct bonded router CD) for several years via Enta Net. I'm around 1.2Km from the exchange and my sync speeds have always been max at 8Mbps.

I was recently automatically migrated to the 21CN which caused a load of problems. I think that basically the Sangoma ADSL modem cards in the router weren't compatible or needed new drivers/settings etc. Anyway, to cut a long story short, I removed that and switched over to a Netgear DSGN3700 ADSL2+ router. After a lot more faffing around I'm finally starting to see decent sync rates (after a DLM reset - not sure what this is technically called? - as the old profile was messed up by the old router). I also have Annex M on one of the lines as a test.

So my question - I'd like to keep two of the best performing lines with Annex M and bond these using MLPPP (mainly to achieve the best possible upload speeds as I upload large files regularly for my business).

Has anyone got experience with bonding (not load balancing) ADSL2+ lines with Enta or anyone else in the UK (affordable!).

I've been searching around for routers that support this and have seen a couple but not sure if they'll do what I need. I'd also like a reasonably good firewall with (hopefully) features as flexible as the Linux IPTABLES i've been used to on the old bonded router. I also have a block of external IP addresses I'd like to route through to my network again.

Any help most appreciated smile

Paul.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 03-Jan-12 19:43:09
Print Post

Re: Options for MLPPP ADSL2+ bonding? *DELETED*

[re: pgale] [link to this post]

Post deleted by BatBoy
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Tue 03-Jan-12 20:01:07
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Post deleted by RobertoS

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Tue 03-Jan-12 20:05:07
Print Post

Re: Options for MLPPP ADSL2+ bonding?

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Good question, I'll just delete that post [oops]

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User Jamie_Cobb
(newbie) Wed 04-Jan-12 10:31:46
Print Post

Post deleted by billford
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 04-Jan-12 19:14:36
Print Post

Try sharedband.com - not MLPPP but software which resides in each router and operates the bonding of lines above the IP layer
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 04-Jan-12 19:17:47
Print Post

[re: Jamie_Cobb] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Jamie_Cobb:
Hi Paul,
We provide fully managed bonded internet connections at Evolving Networks using our own private network and are able to bond 2-5 lines together, whether it is on ADSL2+ or ADSL, EFM, FTTC & Ethernet. Our fully managed network can offer you superfast speeds and is always monitored by our online network monitoring system eView Live.

As for a firewall, we offer to all of our customers a fully Managed Cisco for either a single site or multi-site VPN depending on your specifications.

If you would like to get in contact with us to learn more than you can either visit our site http://www.evolving-networks.co.uk/ or call us on 0845 652 2212 to speak with one of our Bonded Connectivity experts.
Oh dear
Domain name:
evolving-networks.co.uk

Registrant:
N****** J*******

Registrant type:
UK Individual

Registrant's address:
The registrant is a non-trading individual who has opted to have their
address omitted from the WHOIS service.

Registrar:
1 & 1 Internet AG [Tag = SCHLUND]

laugh laugh laugh

______________________________________________________________________________. __________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 04-Jan-12 23:49:24
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Collapses laughing.

Nice one!

It may be Registered address is:-

EVOLVING NETWORKS LIMITED
JUBILEE HOUSE 90 HOLLY HILL LANE
SARISBURY GREEN
SOUTHAMPTON
SO31 7AF

but I can't be sure at this stage. Nice houses in the area, lots of swimming pools. Jubilee House is unfindable, though google has a label for it in the middle of the road.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 05-Jan-12 00:48:02)

Standard User Jamie_Cobb
(newbie) Thu 05-Jan-12 09:46:32
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Post deleted by billford
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 05-Jan-12 11:43:32
Print Post

[re: Jamie_Cobb] [link to this post]

No complaint about the post smile. It is a valid response to the OP's problem.

However the domain registration as noted by BatBoy ought to be corrected. The owner is not a non-trading individual. His address is of course readily available elsewhere, (I would now need to visit the local library as I don't have access any more to the detailed CH records without paying too much), but forum rules here preclude it being posted.

The lack of a snail-mail contact address on the website, (so far as I can see), is a black mark.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
My domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Internet connection - IDNet Home Starter Fibre. Live BQM.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.

Edited by RobertoS (Thu 05-Jan-12 11:54:47)

Print Thread

Jump to