Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Corbula
(member) Mon 23-Jan-12 16:24:17
Print Post

Any experience with Linksys X2000?

[link to this post]

After a very poor experience with a Netgear DGN1000 supplied by Virgin, i've just ordered a Linksys X2000. The Netgear was ok when wired but the wifi was very poor, dropping out a lot and very poor range.

I'm currently on Virgin ADSL but hope to move to FTTC sometime this year. Hence why i have gone for the Linksys X2000 as it has an ADSL modem and a WAN port for FTTC.

Anyone got any experience with the Linksys X2000?
Standard User Corbula
(member) Wed 01-Feb-12 11:37:17
Print Post

Re: Any experience with Linksys X2000?

[re: Corbula] [link to this post]

Well i got the Linksys X2000 and it seems to be working a treat. However when i was looking through the routers web admin it doesn't seem to have any router stats. It has the connection speed but that's it, it doesn't seem to have Line Attenuation or noise margin or anything like that.

Is there any way i can find out my line stats. I remember what they were from my last router but wanted to see how the new one compares.
Standard User epyon
(committed) Wed 01-Feb-12 13:21:34
Print Post

[re: Corbula] [link to this post]

I found it in general very good though i could not get it to pick up an ip address

i heard there was a firmware update which fixed this issue.

Wireless performance i thought was pretty good.

BE*Unlimited 18452/1408Kbps @ 3db INP1

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Wed 01-Feb-12 14:01:19
Print Post

[re: epyon] [link to this post]

http://192.168.1.1/setup.cgi?next_file=adsl_driver.htm

That navigates to the hidden stats page on the WAG320N. Unless the default i.p. address has been changed on the Linksys X series of modem-routers, this should show line stats.

Linksys have been slacking for some time now when it comes to their modem-router products. The WAG320N is plagued with niggly problems. I keep waiting for a better offering from them, or their competition.
Standard User Corbula
(member) Wed 01-Feb-12 14:29:37
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

I have changed the IP to 192.168.0.1. I tried the link (obviously with my router's IP and logged in but just got this message.

Invalid Session Key, please try again
  Print Thread

Jump to