Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DarrenJ
(committed) Wed 29-Feb-12 17:17:46
Print Post

Belkin 7633

[link to this post]

I have a Belkin 7633 router which dates from ~2006 possibly early 2007.

My ISP has said I can move over to ADSL2+ if I want. I know this router can work with ADSL2, but given its age now would I be better off with something newer? Given how quick technology moves, I wonder whether more modern routers would perform better than this one which has had a good life!

--
Darren
Standard User marko3
(newbie) Thu 01-Mar-12 17:48:27
Print Post

Re: Belkin 7633

[re: DarrenJ] [link to this post]

Hi, I have the same router and upgraded to ADSL2+ last Friday. I use my router only as a modem as my Time Capsule does the wireless and DHCP duties but it seems to be working pretty well.

I'm very close to my exchange and previously connected at a rock solid 8032 and since last Friday I'm connecting at 16723. I borrowed a new BT Business 2700 at the weekend and it connected at roughly the same speed so I'm not planning on upgrading just yet. Browsing seems very good and downloads very fast. I've just done a speed test and that gave me just over 10000 down and 370 up.

I'm with Plusnet on an old Pro account which limits the amount of traffic shaping to the minimum.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers

Mark
Standard User DarrenJ
(committed) Thu 01-Mar-12 20:08:27
Print Post

Re: Belkin 7633

[re: marko3] [link to this post]

Thanks, I was quite amazed how old it was when I looked back at when I purchased it! Must have been an early ADSL2 router.

I'm on plusnet as well, currently connected at 8096. The only problem I seem to have with it is if I hammer the wireless it seems to kill the wifi until it is reset but that's more to do with local transfers than Internet

--
Darren

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to