Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User snurt
(member) Sat 12-May-12 10:25:48
Print Post

Draytek 2130n WiFi Security dropout

[link to this post]

Hi,
Bit of a strange one here -
I noticed my printer (HP 7510) was no longer connected to my router (Draytek 2130n) via wifi, so I tried the on/off but no joy, so I reconfigured my printer to talk to my router...

During this stage, my router's SSID was Visible, and open with no encryption according to my printer, and the printer was then accessible on my network (Yikes!)

A quick check on the WLAN status page showed:

SSID 1 - Hide myssid
Wireless security config: WPA-PSK
WPA-PSK Configuration:
Type: WPA2
WPA Algorithm: AES
WPA pre-shared key: ******

So my router clearly thought that it still had its encryption, so I tried my ipad - removed the network from its list and did a network scan, and up popped my SSID listed as open, I duly connected to it(no password) and had internet access...yet my router still claimed it had security turned on

I have subsequently rebooted my router, and the encryption came back, ssid now hidden and of course I had to reconfigure my printer and ipad again with the security settings.

What is worrying, is that my router has been running fine AFAIK *with* encyption (first thing I did was enable encryption and validate that) for an absolute age now and something has got it confused I suspect.

The only change is that my FTTC speed has been upgraded, but that should have nothing to do with my router's wifi as the FTTC goes through the BT modem.

Has anyone else had any instances of the 2130n's wifi losing all security ?

Cheers

Andy

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User mixt
(experienced) Sat 12-May-12 13:24:52
Print Post

Re: Draytek 2130n WiFi Security dropout

[re: snurt] [link to this post]

Have you done a recent firmware update but not reset the config back to factory default settings? I know DrayTek recommend that on earlier models, not sure about their recent stuff. They have a RST file as well as an ALL file. Sometimes they advise upgrading firmware with the RST which will return things back to factory default config.

Now on <aaisp.net> (21CN+IPv6)
Previous ISPs: Virgin Media (50Mb/Cable), Be* Un Limited, ZeN
Is Linux routing your internet connection?
Need to make BIND geo-aware?
Standard User snurt
(member) Sat 12-May-12 16:36:48
Print Post

Re: Draytek 2130n WiFi Security dropout

[re: mixt] [link to this post]

Hi,

I did a firmware upgrade when I got the router months ago, and did my configuration after that - but I've left it be since then - once I had checked security settings etc.

BTW The firware it is running is 1.5.1.2 - forgot to mention that in my initial posting.

All a bit strange, I'll keep an eye on it and see if it does it again over the weekend and maybe try and find some logs that might point to something.

Cheers

Andy

My Broadband Speed Test

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to