Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zillah2004
(newbie) Sat 21-Jul-12 05:15:11
Print Post

DrayTek Vigor 2802Vn and Firefox login

[link to this post]

Hi Experts

Recently I bought Vigor 2802Vn , changed admin password from the default one ( admin although manual says should be : blank ) to the one that I have chosen.

Using Firefox V13 I can't login to the web interface of the router but using Internet explorer I can login with no problem at all.

Yes for sure I am using the same password in both browsers when i login.

My second issue :

I had established a VPN IPSec using TheGreenBow client to connect to my vigor 2820Vn, connection was succeeded , and I was remotley to ping vigor and I was able to see the web interface by typing the private ip address for the router, but username and password didn't let me to loging on both browser Firefox and Internet Explorer !!!!

Regards
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Jul-12 20:21:14
Print Post

Re: DrayTek Vigor 2802Vn and Firefox login

[re: zillah2004] [link to this post]

First issue: The default username used to be admin/blank. With the newer firmwares it is now admin/admin.

You shouldn't have issues with FF logging in. Check that FF does not have some bogus password remembered for that IP address. Also make sure you are typing "admin" for the username.

Honestly though, the draytek has always been best configured using internet explorer. I would highly recommend you always configure it from IE, firefox sometimes pre-fills fields in for no apparant reason and you end up with a config problem. IE is also more stable browser to use when upgrading firmware on it.

In system maintenance > management, there are options re allowing management from the internet - this may be the cause of problem #2.

Zen 8000 Pro

Edited by Pipexer (Sat 21-Jul-12 20:21:57)

Standard User zillah2004
(newbie) Sat 21-Jul-12 21:07:32
Print Post

[re: Pipexer] [link to this post]

First issue: The default username used to be admin/blank. With the newer firmwares it is now admin/admin.

Noted, thanks for that

You shouldn't have issues with FF logging in. Check that FF does not have some bogus password remembered for that IP address. Also make sure you are typing "admin" for the username.

I will try to remove any remembered password if there are any.
Yes for sure I am typing admin for the username.

In system maintenance > management, there are options re allowing management from the internet - this may be the cause of problem #2.

I will see how it goes with this and I will let you know.

Regards

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sat 21-Jul-12 23:25:24
Print Post

I've got a 2820Vn and I've never used anything other than Firefox to configure it.

One firmware version had a bug where one field (in VoIP configuration) wasn't saved if you used anything other than IE, but that is a very long time ago.

James be* pro (16.8 / 1.2 sync) - BQM - FTTC cab installed 18-jun-2012 - not yet active - est 44.6 / 6.5
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 21-Jul-12 23:59:08
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
I've got a 2820Vn and I've never used anything other than Firefox to configure it

IE is a safer and more reliable option, trust me! I use firefox almost exclusively as my daily browser, but when I'm doing lots of config stuff on the draytek - IE.

edit - just to explain further: While FF is fine most of the time, you will run into a situation eventually where FF autocomplete sends you on a wild goose chase or head scratching session because a config is being applied that you aren't expecting, this usually happens when you are reconfiguring after a firmware upgrade and the last thing you want is the hassle of it not working properly! I've learnt my lesson!

Zen 8000 Pro

Edited by Pipexer (Sun 22-Jul-12 00:45:03)

Standard User zillah2004
(newbie) Sun 22-Jul-12 01:38:33
Print Post

This option is for a login remotely to the router via the public ip address (internet) not a private ip address (VPN).

which is I can do that by typing a dynamic dns name on both browser (FireFox, IE).

I guess there is another option I might missed that therefore I am not able to login
Standard User jchamier
(knowledge is power) Sun 22-Jul-12 09:31:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by Pipexer:
edit - just to explain further: While FF is fine most of the time, you will run into a situation eventually where FF autocomplete sends you on a wild goose chase or head scratching session because a config is being applied that you aren't expecting, this usually happens when you are reconfiguring after a firmware upgrade and the last thing you want is the hassle of it not working properly! I've learnt my lesson!

My desktop is a Win7 PC, but my laptop is a Mac and there is no IE for Mac smile

You can turn off autocomplete on Firefox; or have a separate profile. I've not had a problem with it though, and I've had 3 Draytek models (2600, 2900, 2820).

IE 9 has autocomplete as does Apple Safari and Google Chrome.

James be* pro (16.8 / 1.2 sync) - BQM - FTTC cab installed 18-jun-2012 - not yet active - est 44.6 / 6.5
Standard User Pipexer
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 22-Jul-12 10:35:12
Print Post

Correct, that is what it says, but have you actually tried enabling the option and checking again?

Zen 8000 Pro
Standard User professor973
(member) Sun 22-Jul-12 10:44:06
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

IE 9 has autocomplete as does Apple Safari and Google Chrome.

That may be the case, but the last two versions on Firefox are all that create the problem here. Exactly the same upon updating my Billion 7800N, which runs the same Broadcom chipset I believe.

Standard User zillah2004
(newbie) Sun 22-Jul-12 10:48:11
Print Post

Correct, that is what it says, but have you actually tried enabling the option and checking again?

Yes I did that , and still no joy
Thanks
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to