Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User iand
(experienced) Thu 02-Aug-12 19:41:40
Print Post

Vigor 2850

[link to this post]

Anyone have one of these on the FTTC network yet?

How about the fritz box also?

IanD
Standard User caffn8me
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Aug-12 13:17:11
Print Post

Re: Vigor 2850

[re: iand] [link to this post]

I may be wrong but I believe these do work if you use updated firmware that must be obtained from Draytek UK support directly.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 03-Aug-12 13:38:17
Print Post

I use the 2750n and have no problems at all and that worked striaght out of the box after changing a couple of settings of which the walkthrough is on the Draytek site as well as broadband buyer.

There was apparently an issue where if there was a chipset mismatch between the router and the FTTC cabinet then there was problems. ie Broadcom based routers would only work with broadcom FTTC cards.

This apparently has been fixed with a firmware fix.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User LeeEng
(newbie) Fri 03-Aug-12 14:46:46
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

We have a 2850 on BT infinity - not easy to set up initially, but with help from Draytek support & a new version of firmware it appears to work well.
We also have ADSL backup on the 2850
Standard User lexden16
(regular) Fri 03-Aug-12 15:28:30
Print Post

How about the fritz box also?

I have owned a Fritz!Box 7390 since April last year. For the past 4 months, I have had it set up on my FTTC connection with IDNet. Set up is a breeze, VLAN and username/password and the box is good to go. My connection has been rock steady with max attainable speeds of 100/30 which on IP profiles of 80/20 give me speeds of 76/18. I have had two re-connections in the past 4 months due to PEW at my exchange.

If you decide to buy a Fritz!Box modem/router (whatever model) make sure that it is an International version. German versions will not work on UK lines. I also have 3 Fritz!Fon MT-Fs attached to the built in base station. I purchased these from Amazon.DE (excellent 3 day service) and at Euros for £s, you cannot go wrong. Unlike the F!B itself, the phones will automatically upgrade to an English GUI. I am also using a WLAN Repeater 300E with a Sky box. I have the German version (cos it was cheaper) and the set up was a doddle: 2 by 6 second button pushes and Eureka.

PS IPv6 also works brilliantly on the F!B. Set up is a box tick and Apply.
  Print Thread

Jump to