Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Tue 08-Jan-13 15:36:14
Print Post

Use 3com router 3crwdr100y-72 as wifi signal amplifier

[link to this post]

I am trying to configure this router so that it will work as a wi-fi signal amplifier by picking up and re-broadcasting the wi-fi signal from my main router. I have looked at the following thread, which describes almost what I wish to do, but not quite:

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/multiuser/3578245-h...

The problem is that it seems impossible to change the 3com router's (internal) IP address. In order to try and do this

I reset the router to factory default values and this gives it an IP of 192.168.1.1
I connect the router to the computer via an Ethernet cable
I then log in to the router and go to the LAN settings and change the router's IP to, for example, 192.168.0.100 (a value within the IP pool range of my primary router)

When I click on "Apply", the router software asks if I am sure I wish to do this, I reply in the affirmative, and the router logs me out automatically and advises me to enter the new IP manually in the browser software. When I do so, the computer fails to connect to the router.

I have tried doing the above with DHCP turned on and off but it makes no difference.

Could anyone please help me to solve what appears to be a simple problem. Many thanks in advance.
Standard User greenglide
(experienced) Tue 08-Jan-13 16:35:38
Print Post

Re: Use 3com router 3crwdr100y-72 as wifi signal amplifier

[re: ngllgn] [link to this post]

Are you changing the IP address of your PC to one in the 192.168.0.n range?

You have changed to IP of the router and the PC does not have any means of routing to it unless you change its IP or plug the router into your network and let the ADSL router do it.

BT Infinity 2 - IP profile 77 / 20 - super fast!
Previously BE Unlimited - 21,000 Download 1,200 Upload but then moved house - 6,500 Down, 1Mb/s up - gutted!
Ex <n>ildram , been to SKY MAX - 15,225 Download
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Tue 08-Jan-13 16:52:06
Print Post

[re: greenglide] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by greenglide:
Are you changing the IP address of your PC to one in the 192.168.0.n range?

No, I had left the IP address of the PC (well Mac actually) just as it was, so that the computer would continue to connect to the primary (different) router.

You have changed to IP of the router and the PC does not have any means of routing to it unless you change its IP or plug the router into your network and let the ADSL router do it.

Correct yes. I have changed the IP of the router. But I had supposed that the computer would continue to connect via the primary router to the second router, since the second router is being used only as a signal amplifier but not to connect to the internet.

Edited by ngllgn (Tue 08-Jan-13 17:05:40)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Tue 08-Jan-13 17:01:33
Print Post

Thanks for getting back to me. Perhaps I need to give more information here.

My primary router has an IP of 192.168.0.1 and assigns IPs to my Mac and other computers and mobile phones attached to my WLAN via DHCP.

The secondary router ie the 3crwdr100y-72 is the one I hoped to use to amplify the primary router's wi-fi signal, but not to connect to the internet. If I connect a computer directly to this secondary router with an ethernet cable, the IP of the router is 192.168.1.1 and it assigns an IP of 192.168.1.2, via DHCP, to the computer.

Thus the Mac has two different IPs, each assigned by one of the routers. What I had hoped to be able to do was to assign a new IP to the secondary router while it was connected to the Mac, disconnect the secondary router from the Mac, reconnect the secondary router via an ethernet cable to the primary router just to check that the primary router can "see" it, and then disconnect the ethernet cable between the two routers which should then talk to each other via w-fi only.

I am clearly doing something very wrong, but I cannot see what.

Edited by ngllgn (Tue 08-Jan-13 17:06:39)

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Tue 08-Jan-13 18:08:05
Print Post

Setting the IP of the router and setting the DHCP addresses given out may be in two different places - I would try changing the 3com's IP and its DHCP range then trying to reconnect to it directly with a cable to be sure the address has been updated.

In service you probably want to turn off the DHCP server of the 3com, you only need its IP to get at its config pages.

If you want the two routers to talk wirelessly that's a different sport, and requires the both support WDS and get on with each other. Do they both have WDS settings pages ?

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Tue 08-Jan-13 22:09:03
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by yarwell:
Setting the IP of the router and setting the DHCP addresses given out may be in two different places - I would try changing the 3com's IP and its DHCP range then trying to reconnect to it directly with a cable to be sure the address has been updated.

I have now managed to set the 3com router's IP to something other than its default value of 192.168.1.1 and could see that the new IP had been correctly updated.

In service you probably want to turn off the DHCP server of the 3com, you only need its IP to get at its config pages.

Yes, I then disabled the DHCP and the wifi on the 3com router and connected it by ethernet cable to the other (primary) router. At that point I could see both the configuration pages of both the primary and the secondary ie 3com router. However, the 3 com router was not visible on the connected devices page of the primary router, so I am not sure whether the primary router is seeing the router fully correctly or not. It must be seeing it in some way though, since I can get to the configuration page of the 3com router.

However, if I enable wi-fi on the 3com router and then disconnect the ethernet cable between the two routers, I am no longer able to access the 3com router's configuration page. But perhaps that is to be expected. Should that be the case or not?

If you want the two routers to talk wirelessly that's a different sport, and requires the both support WDS and get on with each other. Do they both have WDS settings pages ?

The 3com router certainly has a WDS page, but since my internet service provider has excluded me from reconfiguring my primary router by limiting me to user rather than administrator privileges, I cannot see whether it has WDS or not.

My aim by doing all this is only to try to increase the wi-fi range of the primary router by using the 3com router as a w-fi amplifier. I am not sure that WDS on both routers is necessary to do that, but do not know enough to be categorical either way about that.
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Tue 08-Jan-13 23:05:15
Print Post

In reply to a post by ngllgn:
I am trying to configure this router so that it will work as a wi-fi signal amplifier by picking up and re-broadcasting the wi-fi signal from my main router. I have looked at the following thread, which describes almost what I wish to do, but not quite:

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/multiuser/3578245-h...

The problem is that it seems impossible to change the 3com router's (internal) IP address. In order to try and do this

I reset the router to factory default values and this gives it an IP of 192.168.1.1
I connect the router to the computer via an Ethernet cable
I then log in to the router and go to the LAN settings and change the router's IP to, for example, 192.168.0.100 (a value within the IP pool range of my primary router)

When I click on "Apply", the router software asks if I am sure I wish to do this, I reply in the affirmative, and the router logs me out automatically and advises me to enter the new IP manually in the browser software. When I do so, the computer fails to connect to the router.

I have tried doing the above with DHCP turned on and off but it makes no difference.

Could anyone please help me to solve what appears to be a simple problem. Many thanks in advance.
The 3Com 3CRWDR100A-72 54Mbps Wireless ADSL Router. I have one; it will not configure as the wireless repeater, but will configure as the wireless access point connected to your main router with RJ45 Ethernet cable.

The router IP address can be changed at LAN Settings – Unit Configuration – LAN Configuration.
Manual page 40 CHAPTER 5: CONFIGURING THE ROUTER

Router DHCP server - OFF

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/support/converter/in...

www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=2113

http://www.tested.com/tech/298-how-to-use-an-old-rou...

My Broadband Speed Test
EE broadband WBC 20 Mbps. Sync 11864 kbps Downstream, 1189 kbps Upstream.
Bright Box ADSL2+ wireless N Router supplied by Orange
BT Business Hub 2Wire 2700HGV v2 ADSL2+ Dual SSID wireless Router

Edited by E7er (Tue 08-Jan-13 23:26:22)

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 09-Jan-13 08:35:35
Print Post

However, the 3 com router was not visible on the connected devices page of the primary router
That's because it didn't give it a DHCP address and it isn't connected wirelessly, it merely co-exists on the same LAN.

WDS is necessary if you wish to repeat entirely wirelessly, you can connect via a wire and provide a second AP easily but to have AP2 feed from AP1 wirelessly requires WDS which needs compatibility and configuration at both ends.

There is no way two standard APs on the same channel communicate other than WDS, they just interfere with each other like if your neighbour uses the same channel.

--

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Wed 09-Jan-13 11:23:51
Print Post

The 3Com 3CRWDR100A-72 54Mbps Wireless ADSL Router. I have one; it will not configure as the wireless repeater, but will configure as the wireless access point connected to your main router with RJ45 Ethernet cable.

I am not sure that I fully understand the difference between a wireless repeater and a wireless access point, but I guess that the access point is the point where the wi-fi signal is originated (and of course the router that does this is the only one that is connected to WAN/ADSL.)

The router IP address can be changed at LAN Settings – Unit Configuration – LAN Configuration.
Manual page 40 CHAPTER 5: CONFIGURING THE ROUTER

Router DHCP server - OFF

Thanks, I understand all the above and have had no trouble getting to LAN settings and turning the DHCP server off on the 3com router. Part of the problem here is that Vodafone ES (my carrier where I live in Spain) gives me only user privileges as far as configuring the primary router is concerned, and therefore as I am unable to access that router either at support or administrator level, I cannot fully configure it to my requirements. I have tried to get round this by resetting the Vodafone router to the factory reset and then reconfiguring it before reconnecting it to the ADSL line, but the moment I reconnect it, the Vodafone server hard-resets it again and restores and imposes their preferred configuration again.

I know this is a different topic altogether, but is there any way that I can stop this imposed hard-reset from happening, such as for example putting the primary Vodafone router "behind" the 3com router, whilst obviously forgetting about trying the use the 3com router as a secondary wireless point, which in any case is obviously not possible as I can't configure WDS on both routers?

If this were possible, or if there were some way of regaining complete control of the primary Vodafone router, then I would be able to configure WDS on it.

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/us/en/support/converter/in...

www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/ShopDetail.asp?ProductID=2113

http://www.tested.com/tech/298-how-to-use-an-old-rou...

Thanks. All these links are useful.

However, the 3 com router was not visible on the connected devices page of the primary router
That's because it didn't give it a DHCP address and it isn't connected wirelessly, it merely co-exists on the same LAN.

Aha. The 3com router is not visible on the connected devices page of the primary router regardless of whether they are connected by ethernet cable or wifi. But it is accessible through ethernet cable. Is there any way that the primary router might, via DHCP, assign the secondary router an IP number and would there be any point in doing this?

WDS is necessary if you wish to repeat entirely wirelessly, you can connect via a wire and provide a second AP easily but to have AP2 feed from AP1 wirelessly requires WDS which needs compatibility and configuration at both ends.

There is no way two standard APs on the same channel communicate other than WDS, they just interfere with each other like if your neighbour uses the same channel.

Thank you. Understood. Unfortunately I am unable to configure WDS on the primary router as Vodafone have locked me out of that part of the configuration process.

There is another part solution that occurs to me, but it may be that I do not quite understand the hardware correctly. There seem to be some inexpensive plugs, for example Comtrend 9020 Powerline Ethernet Adapters, that can be plugged into the electricity mains, to "carry" the ethernet signal through the electrical wiring. This arrangement would at least save me running a long ethernet cable the length of my house.

Edited by ngllgn (Wed 09-Jan-13 11:26:44)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Jan-13 11:30:00
Print Post

Powerline is an easy solution with little to no configuration, but I would not recommend Comtrend units.

They may have improved but generally they are cheap as they are the units with the highest level of problems.

Andrew Ferguson, andrew@thinkbroadband.com
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 09-Jan-13 12:07:36
Print Post

if your vodafone router can be configured offline after a reset you may be able to locate the settings for the server that does the automatic provision and change them, or put in an entry in the DNS to "poison" it and prevent a connection.

This is done on 2-wire units used by BT to prevent auto-upgrade of features, it's a bit device and ISP specific. If you can find any settings relating to provisioning or with URLs or IP addresses at vodafone, 3com, etc you might be able to do something about it.

An access point is a generic wired to wireless device. The typical home ADSL wireless router combines a modem, router, 4 port switch and wireless access point.

Netgear make a standalone wireless repeater thingy, you plug it in the mains near the edge of the range of your primary wireless router and it provides a repeat of the wireless signal without requiring configuration of WDS on the primary.

http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/wireless-rang...

--

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Wed 09-Jan-13 12:16:36
Print Post

The 3Com wireless router is stated by the manufactures to have a wireless range of 1000 ft and should reach all rooms in your home, unless you live in a modern house with tin foil backed plasterboard.

Power line adapters would be ideal for your network set-up, but as MrSaffron says don’t go for cheap ones they are usually more problematic to configure, go for devolo.

Watch the video http://www.devolo.com/consumer/dlan-mains-supply-net...

Example…
Main router 192.168.1.1
3Com access point 192.168.1.2
3Com access point disable DHCP

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004DNYA1K/ref=asc_df_B00...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00472MMC6/ref=asc_df_B00...

My Broadband Speed Test

Edited by E7er (Wed 09-Jan-13 12:58:10)

Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Wed 09-Jan-13 15:05:37
Print Post

if your vodafone router can be configured offline after a reset you may be able to locate the settings for the server that does the automatic provision and change them, or put in an entry in the DNS to "poison" it and prevent a connection.

Yes, I have been able to reset and reconfigure this router offline, and made some effort to locate the settings that the server does for automatic provision, but whatever I did manage to do, I failed to "poison" it sufficiently so it always reconnected and hard-reset itself almost immediately. I might have another go at it as it drives me crazy.

This is done on 2-wire units used by BT to prevent auto-upgrade of features, it's a bit device and ISP specific. If you can find any settings relating to provisioning or with URLs or IP addresses at vodafone, 3com, etc you might be able to do something about it.

I could provide a lot of details if you were willing to try and help me out, but that might rather impose on you and I do not presume to do that.

An access point is a generic wired to wireless device. The typical home ADSL wireless router combines a modem, router, 4 port switch and wireless access point.

OK, thanks. I am clear about that now.

Netgear make a standalone wireless repeater thingy, you plug it in the mains near the edge of the range of your primary wireless router and it provides a repeat of the wireless signal without requiring configuration of WDS on the primary.

http://www.netgear.co.uk/home/products/wireless-rang...

This is certainly the easy and right way to go, although it would not be nearly as satisfying as taking control of the primary router back from Vodafone.
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Wed 09-Jan-13 15:06:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Would you recommend another inexpensive model?
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 09-Jan-13 15:10:28
Print Post

what's the model of the main (Vodafone) router ?

--

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Wed 09-Jan-13 15:15:46
Print Post

[re: E7er] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by E7er:
The 3Com wireless router is stated by the manufactures to have a wireless range of 1000 ft and should reach all rooms in your home, unless you live in a modern house with tin foil backed plasterboard.

Power line adapters would be ideal for your network set-up, but as MrSaffron says don’t go for cheap ones they are usually more problematic to configure, go for devolo.

Watch the video http://www.devolo.com/consumer/dlan-mains-supply-net...

Example…
Main router 192.168.1.1
3Com access point 192.168.1.2
3Com access point disable DHCP

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004DNYA1K/ref=asc_df_B00...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00472MMC6/ref=asc_df_B00...

OK, just saw this post thanks.

The 3com router may well have that range, but the problem is that it is not the router supplied by my ISP which is a Huawei Echolife HG556a. I have tried to replace the latter with the 3com router, but I am unable to configure it correctly to talk to the Vodafone servers.

I will have a look at the Devolo adapters.
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Wed 09-Jan-13 15:18:13
Print Post

what's the model of the main (Vodafone) router ?

Huawei Echolife HG556a
And I have the manual too.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 09-Jan-13 15:36:14
Print Post

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/huawei/hg556a - third party firmware ? may also allow WDS

Don't see the Huawei doing anything with ADSL that the 3COM won't, what are the WAN settings ?

--

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Wed 09-Jan-13 15:52:10
Print Post

OK, if there are no other options, of those two Devolo products you recommend, the second seems more likely to do what I want viz. the Devolo 1409 dLAN 200 AV Wireless-N Starter Kit. I will think about this and see if I can buy it in Spain with the right plugs on it. Thanks again.
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Wed 09-Jan-13 16:09:03
Print Post

http://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/huawei/hg556a - third party firmware ? may also allow WDS

I just spoke to technical support at Vodafone...not very encouraging as the person I spoke to seemed to know far less that I do, told me that he was not authorised to grant me administrator privileges, but that he would log an incidence number so that someone could ring me back about it. "Read" nothing will ever come of this route. The third party software link above is very interesting but I fear that without some walk-though guidance from someone, even the instructions given for its installation are going to be too much for me, particularly as while I am doing it I will not be able to get on-line (although I would print off all the instructions first.)

Don't see the Huawei doing anything with ADSL that the 3COM won't, what are the WAN settings ?

That is probably very true. Here are the settings for the Huawei:

Router/LAN settings

IP ADDRESS OF ROUTER
IP address of router: 192.168.0.1
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
LAN Domain: Vodafone.DSL.router

DHCP SERVER CONFIGURATION
Enabled
Star of IP address range: 192.168.0.192
End of IP address range: 192.168.0.254

LIST OF RESERVED IP ADDRESSES
My computer and mobile phone are listed with their respective IP and MAC addresses

Here are the WiFi settings:

WiFi PARAMETERS

General WiFi parameters
WiFi is enabled.
Channel 11

SSID 1 WiFi parameters
Name of SSID1: my network name
Mask SSID 1: unchecked
Security WPA2-PSK (TKIP with ASCII password)
There are no MAC addresses on the white list of MAC addresses

Edited by ngllgn (Wed 09-Jan-13 16:10:15)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Jan-13 16:30:33
Print Post

In UK I usually suggest Solwise or Devolo models

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Jan-13 16:31:47
Print Post

Wireless ranges are often based on parts of world where higher power settings are allowed and assume a nice empty field i.e. extremely optimistic

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 09-Jan-13 16:35:54
Print Post

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/hardware/reviews/74-as...

Forgot about this earlier, but this unit can work as a wireless repeater without recourse to WDS mode.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/hardware/reviews/74-as... was able to use this to repeat my routers signal to a range of 60m from the routers original location.

Standard User camieabz
(sensei) Wed 09-Jan-13 16:39:20
Print Post

Would you recommend another inexpensive model?

Andrew's reply:

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
In UK I usually suggest Solwise or Devolo models

I can also speak well of Solwise routers (if not of any other product). Two of them here lasted 8 and 10 years each before being retired for ADSL2+.

~ Camieabz ~

All Connection Data ~ Some plusnet links

mod'er·a'tion n.
Synonyms: temperance, restraint, modesty.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 09-Jan-13 17:04:04
Print Post

I was thinknig of the wAN (Internet side) settings - PPPoA or whatever, username, password - do you have access to those to use in 3com ?

--

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Wed 09-Jan-13 18:51:14
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thanks, Andrew. The EA-N66 looks great, but it will be rather more expensive than the Devolo or other solutions.
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Wed 09-Jan-13 19:12:02
Print Post

I was thinknig of the wAN (Internet side) settings - PPPoA or whatever, username, password - do you have access to those to use in 3com ?

Right. No, I do not have access to the WAN settings PPoA or anything else. That is my beef with Vodafone about the Huawei. If I hard-reset it while disconnected from the ADSL line, all the options include the WAN setting options reappear along with full administrator privileges, but the moment I connect it to the WAN they get wiped! On the other hand I do have access to these and all other settings on the 3com (secondary) router.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Wed 09-Jan-13 21:52:11
Print Post

so you know what to put into the 3com WAN settings ?

--

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Thu 10-Jan-13 09:07:09
Print Post

No not really as I can't look at the Vodafone router settings.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Thu 10-Jan-13 10:33:47
Print Post

usually they can be found on the web

for example in ireland....

Username: vodafone@vodafone.ie
Password: broadband
Encapsulation: PPPoE
Multiplexing: LLC
VPI: 8
VCI: 35

there are other clues around for getting access to he router like http://en.wikinoticia.com/Technology/internet/89411-...

--

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Thu 10-Jan-13 13:32:16
Print Post

Hello Phil,

Thanks for these tips and the link in the wikinoticia looks as if it may solve it for me, even if the instructions are in Spanish, but after living here for years I should be able to follow them. I will post again to let you know how I have got on.
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Jan-13 15:27:57
Print Post

The 3com router may well have that range, but the problem is that it is not the router supplied by my ISP which is a Huawei Echolife HG556a. I have tried to replace the latter with the 3com router, but I am unable to configure it correctly to talk to the Vodafone servers.
That 3Com 3CRWDR100 router should easily configure as the wireless access point. wink

Configure 3Com router as wireless access point connected with Ethernet to Huawei router LAN port to LAN port.

Vodafone Huawei Echolife HG556a router IP address 192.168.0.1

3Com 3CRWDR100 wireless access point IP address 192.168.0.2
3Com DHCP: Off

Wireless configuration settings.
Huawie SSID: Mickey Mouse
3Com SSID: Minnie Mouse
3Com Channel: Any setting.
3Com wireless security password must be the same setting as the Huawei router.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Thu 10-Jan-13 15:48:38
Print Post

Hm. This may be a solution I had not thought of.

Are you suggesting that I continue to use the primary router ie the Huawei to provide access to the WAN, and the secondary router ie the 3com to provide the wifi signal, presumably on the basis that the 3com router may have a better ie greater wi-fi range than the Huawei router?

In order to do the above, should I disable the wi-fi on the primary router, so that only the 3com router is acting as the wireless access point?

Edited by ngllgn (Thu 10-Jan-13 16:18:34)

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Thu 10-Jan-13 16:14:03
Print Post

Vodafone Huawei Echolife HG556a router IP address 192.168.0.1

3Com 3CRWDR100 wireless access point IP address 192.168.0.2
3Com DHCP: Off

3Com wireless security password must be the same setting as the Huawei router.

I don't like that address pair. If the 3Com is off then there is a chance a device may get allocated the 192.168.0.2 IP address.

It is better to put a restriction on the DHCP range, say: 192.168.0.64 to 192.168,0.127 and then fix the second WAP outside that say 192.168.0.201 I have come across one or router where we set the WAP to ..0.2, ..0.3 or ..0.4 but it would not work. Moved it to ..0.40 and it was fine.

Why do the security passwords need to be the same? It might be easier to manage, but not essential.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User E7er
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Jan-13 16:56:45
Print Post

Are you suggesting that I continue to use the primary router ie the Huawei to provide access to the WAN, and the secondary router ie the 3com to provide the wifi signal, presumably on the basis that the 3com router may have a better ie greater wi-fi range than the Huawei router?

In order to do the above, should I disable the wi-fi on the primary router, so that only the 3com router is acting as the wireless access point?
Yes! I would try out the 3Com first it may be adequate and you may not need the Devolo home plugs. wink

You can switch off the Huawei wireless or leave it on. To connect you right click on the windows wireless icon on your computer taskbar and select ‘View Available Wireless Networks’ you should see the 3Com SSID.

To fix the static IP address 192.168.0.2 for the access point, configure within the Huawei router the DHCP server range…
Start DHCP: 21
End DHCP: 250
Save settings.

My Broadband Speed Test
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Thu 10-Jan-13 17:53:46
Print Post

Yes! I would try out the 3Com first it may be adequate and you may not need the Devolo home plugs. wink

You can switch off the Huawei wireless or leave it on. To connect you right click on the windows wireless icon on your computer taskbar and select ‘View Available Wireless Networks’ you should see the 3Com SSID.

To fix the static IP address 192.168.0.2 for the access point, configure within the Huawei router the DHCP server range…
Start DHCP: 21
End DHCP: 250
Save settings.

Great. Even I should be able to manage this, and try it out before buying Devolo or any other more expensive equipment. (Having said that the Devolo 500 Mbps + Wi-fi does look great!) And this solution will certainly suffice until I can work out definitively if it is possible to reconfigure the Huawei router fully with admin. privileges or not.
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Thu 10-Jan-13 19:19:54
Print Post

Slightly to my surprise, I have been able to reconfigure the Huawei 556 and "poisoned" it sufficiently to regain admin privileges in such a way that Vodafone cannot get back into the router, by which I mean that it does not hard- reset itself and restore Vodafone's preferred settings.

There is one big drawback though. I have done something, obviously by mistake, which has disabled telephony. Thus if I call the fixed line to which the broadband is attached, I get an automated message saying that the number I am calling is not available; if I try to make an outgoing call from the fixed line, there is no dial tone and then there is an automated message telling me to plug the USB modem into the router which provides an alternative through HSPA.

I essentially followed the instructions given in the Wikipedia Method 2 as described here:

http://wiki.bandaancha.st/Huawei_HG556a_de_Vodafone#...

Apart from going to Management/Access Control and deactivating all the boxes under WAN, I also
deactivated the SNMP and TR-069 boxes under LAN
went to Management/SNMP Agent/Configuration and disabled SNMP agent
went to Management/TR-069 agent and disabled it

Then I reconnected the router to the ADSL line and it rebooted perfectly.

Any ideas on
what I need to do to recuperate telephony via the ADSL line?
whether all the steps I took above were really necessary or whether I might tick or enable something that would make it work better?

Many thanks to all again for all your help and any solution to regaining telephony.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Fri 11-Jan-13 10:02:55
Print Post

do you mean normal telephony over the copper line with a phone plugged into the copper, or the phone connection provided on the router ? the latter will be dependent on the configuration that it now doesn't receive automatically.

It's also possible that vodafone's systems use the router's auto-config to switch your phone service on - I think initially at least in some countries you can use a 3G dongle and once the ADSL is up it flips service over.

--

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Fri 11-Jan-13 14:37:51
Print Post

do you mean normal telephony over the copper line with a phone plugged into the copper, or the phone connection provided on the router ? the latter will be dependent on the configuration that it now doesn't receive automatically.

I meant the phone connection provided on the router. Is there any way, with admin privileges, to reconfigure the part of the default configuration that Vodafone imposes, but that the router does not receive automatically?

It's also possible that vodafone's systems use the router's auto-config to switch your phone service on - I think initially at least in some countries you can use a 3G dongle and once the ADSL is up it flips service over.

Vodafone do provide us with a 3G dongle that slots into the router. My understanding is that if we use it, BOTH the telefony and the internet service switch over from broadband ADSL to the 3G HSPA wireless network. Am I correct in thinking this? This is inconvenient for a number of reasons, among them that the 3G network is much slower than the cabled broadband ADSL, that incoming calls cannot be filtered ie caller ID does not work and, rather less importantly that people calling us think they are callling a mobile number (corresponding to the number associated with the SIM in the 3G dongle.

Do you think the 3G dongle might reconfigure the telephony while I still have admin privileges, and that I might then withdraw the dongle from the router and hope that the telephony remained configured? This would be very easy to try.

Edited by ngllgn (Fri 11-Jan-13 14:40:36)

Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sat 12-Jan-13 11:25:52
Print Post

I meant the phone connection provided on the router. Is there any way, with admin privileges, to reconfigure the part of the default configuration that Vodafone imposes, but that the router does not receive automatically?
If you can locate the settings page(s) for VOIP or SIP on the router interface, and find the relevant settings to use on the net it should be practical.

Here's a thought - can you let the vodafone settings be installed and then save them to a file from the cut-down user interface ? if so you could load them up manually by reading what's in the file.

I don't know how vodafone switch around the services depending on how you're connecting or if the ADSL is enabled, sorry.

--

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Sat 12-Jan-13 22:38:35
Print Post

If you can locate the settings page(s) for VOIP or SIP on the router interface, and find the relevant settings to use on the net it should be practical.

I can locate and identify the VOIP and SIP settings on the router interface, but only when in admin mode. And of course when in admin mode I can also save a back-up copy of the settings. The problem is that when I am in admin mode, the telephony service is disabled and so even if I have the back-up to look at as a text file, the telephony settings probably won't be correct. In fact I tried this but I am too ignorant to know what the admin mode settings mean, never mind what they should be to make telephony work. The best bet is probably to try and find them on the net, as you say. I'll have a trawl around tomorrow.

Here's a thought - can you let the vodafone settings be installed and then save them to a file from the cut-down user interface ? if so you could load them up manually by reading what's in the file.

No. The cut-down user interface will not let me back up the configuration file.
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Sun 13-Jan-13 14:31:35
Print Post

¿Might there be some information in this back-up I have made of the configuration file when in admin mode that would give a clue to the incorrect telefony settings?

<psitree>
<WirelessCfg>
<vars state="enabled" curState="enabled" ssIdIndex="0" country="ES" ses_enable="1" ses_event="2" ses_states="01:01" ses_ssid="" ses_hide="0" ses_wpa_psk="" ses_auth="0" ses_auth_mode="" ses_wep="" ses_wpa="" ses_client_enable="1" ses_client_event="0" ses_wds_mode="2" ses_wds_wsec="" apMode="ap" bridgeRestrict="disabled" wdsMAC_0="" wdsMAC_1="" wdsMAC_2="" wdsMAC_3="" band="b" channel="0" rate="auto" multicastRate="auto" basicRate="default" fragThreshold="2346" RTSThreshold="2346" DTIM="1" beacon="100" XPress="off" gMode="auto" gProtection="auto" preamble="long" AfterBurner="off" TxPowerPercent="100" WME="on" WMENoAck="off" WMEApsd="on" RadioCtl="on" RegulatoryMode="off" PreNetRadarDectTime="60" InNetRadarDectTime="60" TpcMitigation="0" AutoChannelTimer="0" globalMaxAssoc="128" AutoSwOffdays="0" StarOfftTime="0" EndOffTime="0" NBandwidthCap="1" NCtrlSideband="lower" NBand="2" NMCSIdx="-1" NProtection="auto" NMode="auto" NReqd="off" />
<wlMssidVars tableSize="4">
<wlMssidEntry enblSsId="1" ssId="vodafone78A2" hide="0" apIsolation="off" fltMacMode="disabled" disableWme="off" MaxAssoc = "32" wsc_mode="enabled" wsc_config_state="1" authMode="psk" radiusServerIP="0.0.0.0" radiusServerPort="1812" radiusServerKey="" wep="disabled" auth="0" keyBit="128-bit" key64_1="" key64_2="" key64_3="" key64_4="" key64Index="1" key128_1="1234567890123" key128_2="" key128_3="" key128_4="" key128Index="1" wpaRekey="0" wpakey="PKQKAKUJAQTWRR" Preauthentication="off" ReauthTimeout="36000" wpa="aes" tr69cBeaconType="Basic" tr69cBasicEncryptionModes="None" tr69cBasicAuthenticationMode="None" tr69cWPAEncryptionModes="WEPEncryption" tr69cWPAAuthenticationMode="PSKAuthentication" tr69cIEEE11iEncryptionModes="AESEncryption" tr69cIEEE11iAuthenticationMode="PSKAuthentication"/>
<wlMssidEntry enblSsId="0" ssId="vodafone78A2-Guest" hide="0" apIsolation="off" fltMacMode="disabled" disableWme="off" MaxAssoc = "32" wsc_mode="disabled" wsc_config_state="1" authMode="psk2mix" radiusServerIP="0.0.0.0" radiusServerPort="1812" radiusServerKey="" wep="disabled" auth="0" keyBit="128-bit" key64_1="" key64_2="" key64_3="" key64_4="" key64Index="1" key128_1="" key128_2="" key128_3="" key128_4="" key128Index="1" wpaRekey="0" wpakey="PKQKAKUJAQTWRR" Preauthentication="off" ReauthTimeout="36000" wpa="aes" tr69cBeaconType="Basic" tr69cBasicEncryptionModes="None" tr69cBasicAuthenticationMode="None" tr69cWPAEncryptionModes="WEPEncryption" tr69cWPAAuthenticationMode="PSKAuthentication" tr69cIEEE11iEncryptionModes="AESEncryption" tr69cIEEE11iAuthenticationMode="PSKAuthentication"/>
<wlMssidEntry enblSsId="0" ssId="Guest1" hide="0" apIsolation="off" fltMacMode="disabled" disableWme="off" MaxAssoc = "32" wsc_mode="disabled" wsc_config_state="1" authMode="open" radiusServerIP="0.0.0.0" radiusServerPort="1812" radiusServerKey="" wep="disabled" auth="0" keyBit="128-bit" key64_1="" key64_2="" key64_3="" key64_4="" key64Index="1" key128_1="" key128_2="" key128_3="" key128_4="" key128Index="1" wpaRekey="0" wpakey="" Preauthentication="off" ReauthTimeout="36000" wpa="aes" tr69cBeaconType="Basic" tr69cBasicEncryptionModes="None" tr69cBasicAuthenticationMode="None" tr69cWPAEncryptionModes="WEPEncryption" tr69cWPAAuthenticationMode="PSKAuthentication" tr69cIEEE11iEncryptionModes="AESEncryption" tr69cIEEE11iAuthenticationMode="PSKAuthentication"/>
<wlMssidEntry enblSsId="0" ssId="Guest2" hide="0" apIsolation="off" fltMacMode="disabled" disableWme="off" MaxAssoc = "32" wsc_mode="disabled" wsc_config_state="1" authMode="open" radiusServerIP="0.0.0.0" radiusServerPort="1812" radiusServerKey="" wep="disabled" auth="0" keyBit="128-bit" key64_1="" key64_2="" key64_3="" key64_4="" key64Index="1" key128_1="" key128_2="" key128_3="" key128_4="" key128Index="1" wpaRekey="0" wpakey="" Preauthentication="off" ReauthTimeout="36000" wpa="aes" tr69cBeaconType="Basic" tr69cBasicEncryptionModes="None" tr69cBasicAuthenticationMode="None" tr69cWPAEncryptionModes="WEPEncryption" tr69cWPAAuthenticationMode="PSKAuthentication" tr69cIEEE11iEncryptionModes="AESEncryption" tr69cIEEE11iAuthenticationMode="PSKAuthentication"/>
</wlMssidVars>
</WirelessCfg>
<E220>
<Entry LinkMode="0" OperationMode="0" ConType="1" Channel="0" VoiceChannel ="1" VoiceEnable ="1" VoiceInterface="0"/>
</E220>
<TR143Cfg>
<DownloadDiagnostics DiagnosticsState="None" Interface="" DownloadURL="" DSCP="0" EthernetPriority="0"/>
<UploadDiagnostics DiagnosticsState="None" Interface="" UploadURL="" DSCP="0" EthernetPriority="0" TestFileLength="0"/>
<UDPEchoConfig Enable="0" Interface="" SourceIPAddress ="" UDPPort="0" EchoPlusEnabled="0"/>
</TR143Cfg>
<Hspacfg>
<Entry InstantMode="0" IcmpSpeedCyle="0" SwitchConfirm="1" DaHspaDelayCS="0" DaHspaDelayPS="0" HspaDaDelayCS="0" HspaDaDelayPS="0" HspaVoiceDomain="0" HspaVoiceServiceFlag="3" OperSelect="21401" Operator="21401|26202|22210|26801|20205|21670|60202|27201|20404|22601|28602|23415"/>
</Hspacfg>
<SystemInfo>
<protocol autoScan="enable" igmpSnp ="disable" macFilterPolicy="forward" siproxd="disable" ddns="disable"/>
<sysLog state="enable" displayLevel="CRIT" logLevel="CRIT" option="local" serverIP="0.0.0.0" serverPort="514" fwlog="disable" Syslog="disable"/>
<sysUserName value="admin"/>
<sysHttp port="80"/>
<siproxd enable="disable" port="5060"/>
<ftpinfo enable="1" username="vodafone" password="vodafone" port="21" path="/"/>
<tr69c state="enable" upgradesManaged="0" upgradeAvailable="0" informEnbl="1" informTime="0" informInterval="3600" acsURL="http://212.145.159.161:8081/cwmpWeb/WGCPEMgt" acsUser="admin" acsPwd="vfacs" parameterKey="12345" connReqURL="" connReqUser="admin" connReqPwd="admin" kickURL="" provisioningCode="CNGF.DFLT"/>
<snmp state="enable" readCommunity="s0l0tuya" writeCommunity="4rEAd&wrItE" sysName="unknown" sysLocation="unknown" sysContact="unknown" trapIP="0.0.0.0" debug="0" configId="00000000"/>
<sysPassword value="VF-EShg556"/>
<sptPassword value="support"/>
<usrPassword value="vodafone"/>
<upnpvideo service="enable" provision="enable"/>
</SystemInfo>
<AtmCfg>
<initCfg structureId="2" threadPriority="25" freeCellQSize="10" freePktQSize="200" freePktQBufSize="1600" freePktQBufOffset="32" rxCellQSize="10" rxPktQSize="200" txFifoPriority="64" aal5MaxSduLen="64" aal2MaxSduLen="0"/>
</AtmCfg>
<AtmCfgTd>
<td1 cat="UBR" PCR="0" SCR="0" MBS="0"/>
<td2 cat="CBR" PCR="579" SCR="0" MBS="0"/>
</AtmCfgTd>
<AtmCfgVcc>
<vccId9999 vpi="0" vci="65534" tdId="0" aalType="AAL2" adminStatus="down" encap="unknown" qos="disable" instanceId="1509949444"/>
<vccId1 vpi="255" vci="65535" tdId="1" aalType="AAL5" adminStatus="up" encap="unknown" qos="enable" instanceId="1509949441"/>
<vccId2 vpi="0" vci="44" tdId="1" aalType="AAL5" adminStatus="up" encap="llc" qos="enable" instanceId="1509949442"/>
<vccId3 vpi="0" vci="34" tdId="2" aalType="AAL5" adminStatus="up" encap="llc" qos="disable" instanceId="1509949443"/>
<vccId4 vpi="0" vci="33" tdId="1" aalType="AAL5" adminStatus="up" encap="llc" qos="enable" instanceId="1509949444"/>
</AtmCfgVcc>
<SecCfg>
<srvCtrlList ftp="lan" http="enable" icmp="enable" snmp="wan" ssh="disable" telnet="enable" tftp="disable"/>
<qosService tableSize="52">
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="1" serviceName="HTTP" protocol="6" srcPort="80" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="1" serviceName="HTTP" protocol="6" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="80" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="2" serviceName="HTTPs" protocol="6" srcPort="443" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="2" serviceName="HTTPs" protocol="6" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="443" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="3" serviceName="FTP" protocol="6" srcPort="21" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="3" serviceName="FTP" protocol="6" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="21" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="3" parent="3" serviceName="FTP" protocol="6" srcPort="20" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="4" parent="3" serviceName="FTP" protocol="6" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="20" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="4" serviceName="RIP" protocol="17" srcPort="520" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="5" serviceName="DNS" protocol="6" srcPort="53" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="5" serviceName="DNS" protocol="6" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="53" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="3" parent="5" serviceName="DNS" protocol="17" srcPort="53" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="4" parent="5" serviceName="DNS" protocol="17" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="53" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="6" serviceName="DHCP" protocol="17" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="67" dstMaxPort="68"/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="7" serviceName="ICMP" protocol="1" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="8" serviceName="IGMP" protocol="2" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="9" serviceName="Telnet" protocol="6" srcPort="23" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="9" serviceName="Telnet" protocol="6" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="23" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="10" serviceName="HTTP Proxy" protocol="6" srcPort="8080" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="10" serviceName="HTTP Proxy" protocol="6" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="8080" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="11" serviceName="POP2" protocol="6" srcPort="109" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="11" serviceName="POP2" protocol="6" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="109" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="12" serviceName="POP3" protocol="6" srcPort="110" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="12" serviceName="POP3" protocol="6" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="110" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="3" parent="12" serviceName="POP3" protocol="17" srcPort="110" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="4" parent="12" serviceName="POP3" protocol="17" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="110" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="13" serviceName="POP3s" protocol="6" srcPort="995" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="13" serviceName="POP3s" protocol="6" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="995" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="3" parent="13" serviceName="POP3s" protocol="17" srcPort="995" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="4" parent="13" serviceName="POP3s" protocol="17" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="995" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="14" serviceName="SMTP" protocol="6" srcPort="25" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="14" serviceName="SMTP" protocol="6" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="25" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="15" serviceName="IMAPS" protocol="6" srcPort="993" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="15" serviceName="IMAPS" protocol="6" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="993" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="16" serviceName="SSH" protocol="6" srcPort="22" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="16" serviceName="SSH" protocol="6" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="22" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="17" serviceName="IPSec" protocol="17" srcPort="500" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="17" serviceName="IPSec" protocol="17" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="500" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="3" parent="17" serviceName="IPSec" protocol="50" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="4" parent="17" serviceName="IPSec" protocol="51" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="18" serviceName="SIP" protocol="6" srcPort="5060" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="18" serviceName="SIP" protocol="6" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="5060" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="3" parent="18" serviceName="SIP" protocol="17" srcPort="5060" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="4" parent="18" serviceName="SIP" protocol="17" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="5060" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="19" serviceName="RTP" protocol="17" srcPort="50000" srcMaxPort="50020" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="20" serviceName="RTCP" protocol="17" srcPort="50000" srcMaxPort="50020" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="21" serviceName="SNMP" protocol="17" srcPort="161" srcMaxPort="162" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="21" serviceName="SNMP" protocol="17" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="161" dstMaxPort="162"/>
<qosServiceEntry id="1" parent="22" serviceName="SSMTP" protocol="6" srcPort="465" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="2" parent="22" serviceName="SSMTP" protocol="6" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="465" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="3" parent="22" serviceName="SSMTP" protocol="17" srcPort="465" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="" dstMaxPort=""/>
<qosServiceEntry id="4" parent="22" serviceName="SSMTP" protocol="17" srcPort="" srcMaxPort="" dstPort="465" dstMaxPort=""/>
</qosService>
<accCtrlMode state="enable"/>
<secDosCfg enable="1" syn="0" fin="0" udp="0" icmp="0" synPerIp="0" finPerIp="0" udpPerIp="0" icmpPerIp="0" portScan="0" icmpSmurf="0" ipLand="1" SameSrcDst="1" ipSproof="1" ipTeardrop="1" pingOfDeath="1" tcpScan="0" SynWithData="0" udpBomb="0" ptScanSens="0" synSpd="50" finSpd="50" udpSpd="500" icmpSpd="10" synPerIpSpd="10" finPerIpSpd="10" udpPerIpSpd="100" icmpPerIpSpd="5" BrdcstSrc="1" LanSrcIp="1" Frgmthdr="1" InvalidTcpFlg="1"/>
<secFwCfg level="disable"/>
<qosQueue tableSize="6">
<qosQueueEntry id="1" precedence="1" weight="0" mark="1" schAlg="SP"/>
<qosQueueEntry id="2" precedence="2" weight="0" mark="2" schAlg="WRR"/>
<qosQueueEntry id="3" precedence="2" weight="0" mark="3" schAlg="WRR"/>
<qosQueueEntry id="4" precedence="3" weight="0" mark="4" schAlg="SP"/>
<qosQueueEntry id="5" precedence="2" weight="0" mark="5" schAlg="WRR"/>
<qosQueueEntry id="6" precedence="2" weight="0" mark="6" schAlg="WRR"/>
</qosQueue>
<qosCfg enable="1"/>
<secEnblCfg fw_enable="0" inflt_enable="0" outflt_enable="0" macflt_enable="0" macmngr_enable="0" nat_enable="1"/>
<accCtrl tableSize="8">
<accCtrlEntry id="1" ipAddr="212.145.4.192-212.145.4.255"/>
<accCtrlEntry id="2" ipAddr="212.145.159.160-212.145.159.191"/>
<accCtrlEntry id="3" ipAddr="212.145.159.136"/>
<accCtrlEntry id="4" ipAddr="212.145.128.146"/>
<accCtrlEntry id="5" ipAddr="87.235.205.0-87.235.205.255"/>
<accCtrlEntry id="6" ipAddr="212.145.159.217"/>
<accCtrlEntry id="7" ipAddr="62.87.30.66"/>
<accCtrlEntry id="8" ipAddr="212.166.209.18"/>
</accCtrl>
<qosCls tableSize="10">
<qosClsEntry id="1" type="3" clsName="1" wanVlan8021p="-1" lanIfcName="" etheProt="IP" protocol="" srcAddr="" srcMask="" srcPort="" dstAddr="" dstMask="" dstPort="" vlan8021p="-1" srcMacAddr="" srcMacMask="" dstMacAddr="" dstMacMask="" dscpCheck="-1" dscpMark="-1" vlanidCheck="-1" vlanidMark="-1" queueId="1" serviceName="DNS"/>
<qosClsEntry id="2" type="3" clsName="2" wanVlan8021p="-1" lanIfcName="" etheProt="IP" protocol="" srcAddr="" srcMask="" srcPort="" dstAddr="" dstMask="" dstPort="" vlan8021p="-1" srcMacAddr="" srcMacMask="" dstMacAddr="" dstMacMask="" dscpCheck="-1" dscpMark="-1" vlanidCheck="-1" vlanidMark="-1" queueId="1" serviceName="HTTP"/>
<qosClsEntry id="3" type="3" clsName="3" wanVlan8021p="-1" lanIfcName="" etheProt="IP" protocol="" srcAddr="" srcMask="" srcPort="" dstAddr="" dstMask="" dstPort="" vlan8021p="-1" srcMacAddr="" srcMacMask="" dstMacAddr="" dstMacMask="" dscpCheck="-1" dscpMark="-1" vlanidCheck="-1" vlanidMark="-1" queueId="1" serviceName="HTTPs"/>
<qosClsEntry id="4" type="3" clsName="4" wanVlan8021p="-1" lanIfcName="" etheProt="IP" protocol="ICMP" srcAddr="" srcMask="" srcPort="" dstAddr="" dstMask="" dstPort="" vlan8021p="-1" srcMacAddr="" srcMacMask="" dstMacAddr="" dstMacMask="" dscpCheck="-1" dscpMark="-1" vlanidCheck="-1" vlanidMark="-1" queueId="1" serviceName=""/>
<qosClsEntry id="5" type="3" clsName="5" wanVlan8021p="-1" lanIfcName="" etheProt="IP" protocol="" srcAddr="" srcMask="" srcPort="" dstAddr="" dstMask="" dstPort="" vlan8021p="-1" srcMacAddr="" srcMacMask="" dstMacAddr="" dstMacMask="" dscpCheck="-1" dscpMark="-1" vlanidCheck="-1" vlanidMark="-1" queueId="2" serviceName="SMTP"/>
<qosClsEntry id="6" type="3" clsName="6" wanVlan8021p="-1" lanIfcName="" etheProt="IP" protocol="" srcAddr="" srcMask="" srcPort="" dstAddr="" dstMask="" dstPort="" vlan8021p="-1" srcMacAddr="" srcMacMask="" dstMacAddr="" dstMacMask="" dscpCheck="-1" dscpMark="-1" vlanidCheck="-1" vlanidMark="-1" queueId="2" serviceName="IMAPS"/>
<qosClsEntry id="7" type="3" clsName="7" wanVlan8021p="-1" lanIfcName="" etheProt="IP" protocol="" srcAddr="" srcMask="" srcPort="" dstAddr="" dstMask="" dstPort="" vlan8021p="-1" srcMacAddr="" srcMacMask="" dstMacAddr="" dstMacMask="" dscpCheck="-1" dscpMark="-1" vlanidCheck="-1" vlanidMark="-1" queueId="2" serviceName="FTP"/>
<qosClsEntry id="8" type="3" clsName="8" wanVlan8021p="-1" lanIfcName="" etheProt="IP" protocol="" srcAddr="" srcMask="" srcPort="" dstAddr="" dstMask="" dstPort="" vlan8021p="-1" srcMacAddr="" srcMacMask="" dstMacAddr="" dstMacMask="" dscpCheck="-1" dscpMark="-1" vlanidCheck="-1" vlanidMark="-1" queueId="2" serviceName="POP3"/>
<qosClsEntry id="9" type="3" clsName="9" wanVlan8021p="-1" lanIfcName="" etheProt="IP" protocol="" srcAddr="" srcMask="" srcPort="" dstAddr="" dstMask="" dstPort="" vlan8021p="-1" srcMacAddr="" srcMacMask="" dstMacAddr="" dstMacMask="" dscpCheck="-1" dscpMark="-1" vlanidCheck="-1" vlanidMark="-1" queueId="2" serviceName="POP3s"/>
<qosClsEntry id="10" type="3" clsName="10" wanVlan8021p="-1" lanIfcName="" etheProt="IP" protocol="" srcAddr="" srcMask="" srcPort="" dstAddr="" dstMask="" dstPort="" vlan8021p="-1" srcMacAddr="" srcMacMask="" dstMacAddr="" dstMacMask="" dscpCheck="-1" dscpMark="-1" vlanidCheck="-1" vlanidMark="-1" queueId="2" serviceName="SSMTP"/>
</qosCls>
</SecCfg>
<Lan>
<entry9999 address="1.1.1.1" mask="255.255.255.0" dhcpServer="disable" dhcpRelay="0" leasedTime="0" startAddr="0.0.0.0" endAddr="0.0.0.0" reservedAddr="" dhcpNtpServer1="0.0.0.0" dhcpNtpServer2="0.0.0.0" lanDns1="0.0.0.0" lanDns2="0.0.0.0" opt43="" opt66="" opt67="" opt160="" lanDomain="" dhcpClassId="" instanceId="1509949445" addrType="3"/>
<entry1 address="192.168.0.1" mask="255.255.255.0" dhcpServer="enable" dhcpRelay="0" leasedTime="24" startAddr="192.168.0.192" endAddr="192.168.0.254" reservedAddr="" dhcpNtpServer1="0.0.0.0" dhcpNtpServer2="0.0.0.0" lanDns1="192.168.0.1" lanDns2="192.168.0.1" opt43="" opt66="" opt67="" opt160="" lanDomain="Vodafone.DSLRouter" dhcpClassId="" instanceId="1509949441" addrType="2"/>
<ethCfg1024 speed="auto" type="auto" MTU="1500" disabled="0"/>
<ethCfg1025 speed="auto" type="auto" MTU="1500" disabled="0"/>
<ethCfg1026 speed="auto" type="auto" MTU="1500" disabled="0"/>
<ethCfg1027 speed="auto" type="auto" MTU="1500" disabled="0"/>
</Lan>
<RouteCfg>
<ripGlobal state="disable" ripIfcTableSize="1"/>
<ripIfc tableSize="1">
<ripIfcEntry id="1" name="br0" state="disable" version="2" operation="active"/>
</ripIfc>
</RouteCfg>
<PMapCfg>
<pmap tableSize="1">
<pmapEntry id="1" groupName="Default" ifList="ath0|eth0" vendorid0="" vendorid1="" vendorid2="" vendorid3="" vendorid4=""/>
</pmap>
<pmapIfcCfg pmapIfName="eth0" pmapIfcStatus="disable"/>
</PMapCfg>
<SambaCfg>
<sambaStatus enableSamba="enable" workgrp="vodafone" svrname="vodafone" netbname="vodafone"/>
</SambaCfg>
<Voice>
<sipCfg proxyAddr="0.0.0.0" proxyPort="5060" obProxyAddr="0.0.0.0" obProxyPort="5060" regAddr="0.0.0.0" regPort="5060" enblTagMat="Yes" sipLogAddr="192.168.0.100" sipLogPort="55555" extension1="" password1="" extension2="" password2="" extension3="" password3="" extension4="" password4="" ifName="br0" domainName="" localeName="USA" voiceCodec="none" voicePtime="20" pstnRouteRule="auto" pstnRouteData="0"/>
<sip_phonecfg speak="0" listen="0" interval="50" region="14" minHookFlash="80" maxHookFlash="250" digitmap="[X*#ABCD].T|9XXXXXXXX|8XXXXXXXX|7XXXXXXXX|6XXXXXXXX" offhooktime="250" onhooktime="250" fstdialtime="150" autocallenbl="0" autocallnum="" autocallinterval="70" reinjection="0" innercall="1" modemservice="1"/>
<sipAdvanced sipSrvRegPeriod="1800" sipSrvExpire="3600" sipSrvRegister="10" sipSrvSessionExpires="32000" sipSrvMinSe="90" sipMaxRetryTime="32" sipPrimaryCheckTime="300" sipMWIExpire="3600" sipRtpStartPort="50000" sipRtpEndPort="50020" sipRtpTxReptatInterval="3000" sipRtcpMonitor="0" sipInterface="br0" sipAdvLocalPort="6050" pstnCallPrefix="UNSPT" sipTestEnabled="0" dscpmark="46" />
<sipQos sipQosTos="0" sipQosVlanEnbled="0" sipQosVlanId="0" sipQosPriority="3"/>
<sipBasic tableSize="2">
<sipBasicEntry id="1" sipUserId="" sipUserName="" sipUserPasswd="" sipLocalPort="6050" sipFwdTblId="1" sipClipEnable="1" sipLineEnable="0" sipLineCallHold="1" sipLineCallWait="1" sipLine3Way="1" sipLineCallTransfer="0" sipLineMwi="0" sipLineMwiAccount="" sipLineFaxDetect="1" vad="0" ec="1" cng="0" sipVoiceCapCodec1="8" sipVoiceCapCodec2="0" sipVoiceCapCodec3="9" sipVoiceCapCodec4="2" sipVoiceCapCodec5="18" sipVoiceCapPTime1="20" sipVoiceCapPTime2="20" sipVoiceCapPTime3="20" sipVoiceCapPTime4="20" sipVoiceCapPTime5="20" sipVoiceCapPriority1="1" sipVoiceCapPriority2="3" sipVoiceCapPriority3="5" sipVoiceCapPriority4="4" sipVoiceCapPriority5="2" sipVoiceCapIfEnable1="1" sipVoiceCapIfEnable2="1" sipVoiceCapIfEnable3="0" sipVoiceCapIfEnable4="0" sipVoiceCapIfEnable5="1" sipVoiceDtmfType="1" sipFaxType="0" sipSpNum00="" sipSpName00="" sipApNum00="" sipApName00="" sipSsNum00="" sipSsName00="" sipAsNum00="" sipAsName00="" sipSpNum01="" sipSpName01="" sipApNum01="" sipApName01="" sipSsNum01="" sipSsName01="" sipAsNum01="" sipAsName01="" sipSpNum02="" sipSpName02="" sipApNum02="" sipApName02="" sipSsNum02="" sipSsName02="" sipAsNum02="" sipAsName02="" sipSpNum03="" sipSpName03="" sipApNum03="" sipApName03="" sipSsNum03="" sipSsName03="" sipAsNum03="" sipAsName03="" sipSpNum04="" sipSpName04="" sipApNum04="" sipApName04="" sipSsNum04="" sipSsName04="" sipAsNum04="" sipAsName04="" sipSpNum05="" sipSpName05="" sipApNum05="" sipApName05="" sipSsNum05="" sipSsName05="" sipAsNum05="" sipAsName05="" sipSpNum06="" sipSpName06="" sipApNum06="" sipApName06="" sipSsNum06="" sipSsName06="" sipAsNum06="" sipAsName06="" sipSpNum07="" sipSpName07="" sipApNum07="" sipApName07="" sipSsNum07="" sipSsName07="" sipAsNum07="" sipAsName07="" sipSpNum08="" sipSpName08="" sipApNum08="" sipApName08="" sipSsNum08="" sipSsName08="" sipAsNum08="" sipAsName08="" sipSpNum09="" sipSpName09="" sipApNum09="" sipApName09="" sipSsNum09="" sipSsName09="" sipAsNum09="" sipAsName09="" sipSpNum10="" sipSpName10="" sipApNum10="" sipApName10="" sipSsNum10="" sipSsName10="" sipAsNum10="" sipAsName10="" sipSpNum11="" sipSpName11="" sipApNum11="" sipApName11="" sipSsNum11="" sipSsName11="" sipAsNum11="" sipAsName11="" sipSpNum12="" sipSpName12="" sipApNum12="" sipApName12="" sipSsNum12="" sipSsName12="" sipAsNum12="" sipAsName12="" sipSpNum13="" sipSpName13="" sipApNum13="" sipApName13="" sipSsNum13="" sipSsName13="" sipAsNum13="" sipAsName13="" sipSpNum14="" sipSpName14="" sipApNum14="" sipApName14="" sipSsNum14="" sipSsName14="" sipAsNum14="" sipAsName14="" sipSpNum15="" sipSpName15="" sipApNum15="" sipApName15="" sipSsNum15="" sipSsName15="" sipAsNum15="" sipAsName15=""/>
<sipBasicEntry id="2" sipUserId="" sipUserName="" sipUserPasswd="" sipLocalPort="6050" sipFwdTblId="1" sipClipEnable="1" sipLineEnable="0" sipLineCallHold="1" sipLineCallWait="1" sipLine3Way="1" sipLineCallTransfer="0" sipLineMwi="0" sipLineMwiAccount="" sipLineFaxDetect="1" vad="0" ec="1" cng="0" sipVoiceCapCodec1="8" sipVoiceCapCodec2="0" sipVoiceCapCodec3="9" sipVoiceCapCodec4="2" sipVoiceCapCodec5="18" sipVoiceCapPTime1="20" sipVoiceCapPTime2="20" sipVoiceCapPTime3="20" sipVoiceCapPTime4="20" sipVoiceCapPTime5="20" sipVoiceCapPriority1="1" sipVoiceCapPriority2="3" sipVoiceCapPriority3="5" sipVoiceCapPriority4="4" sipVoiceCapPriority5="2" sipVoiceCapIfEnable1="1" sipVoiceCapIfEnable2="1" sipVoiceCapIfEnable3="0" sipVoiceCapIfEnable4="0" sipVoiceCapIfEnable5="1" sipVoiceDtmfType="1" sipFaxType="0" sipSpNum00="" sipSpName00="" sipApNum00="" sipApName00="" sipSsNum00="" sipSsName00="" sipAsNum00="" sipAsName00="" sipSpNum01="" sipSpName01="" sipApNum01="" sipApName01="" sipSsNum01="" sipSsName01="" sipAsNum01="" sipAsName01="" sipSpNum02="" sipSpName02="" sipApNum02="" sipApName02="" sipSsNum02="" sipSsName02="" sipAsNum02="" sipAsName02="" sipSpNum03="" sipSpName03="" sipApNum03="" sipApName03="" sipSsNum03="" sipSsName03="" sipAsNum03="" sipAsName03="" sipSpNum04="" sipSpName04="" sipApNum04="" sipApName04="" sipSsNum04="" sipSsName04="" sipAsNum04="" sipAsName04="" sipSpNum05="" sipSpName05="" sipApNum05="" sipApName05="" sipSsNum05="" sipSsName05="" sipAsNum05="" sipAsName05="" sipSpNum06="" sipSpName06="" sipApNum06="" sipApName06="" sipSsNum06="" sipSsName06="" sipAsNum06="" sipAsName06="" sipSpNum07="" sipSpName07="" sipApNum07="" sipApName07="" sipSsNum07="" sipSsName07="" sipAsNum07="" sipAsName07="" sipSpNum08="" sipSpName08="" sipApNum08="" sipApName08="" sipSsNum08="" sipSsName08="" sipAsNum08="" sipAsName08="" sipSpNum09="" sipSpName09="" sipApNum09="" sipApName09="" sipSsNum09="" sipSsName09="" sipAsNum09="" sipAsName09="" sipSpNum10="" sipSpName10="" sipApNum10="" sipApName10="" sipSsNum10="" sipSsName10="" sipAsNum10="" sipAsName10="" sipSpNum11="" sipSpName11="" sipApNum11="" sipApName11="" sipSsNum11="" sipSsName11="" sipAsNum11="" sipAsName11="" sipSpNum12="" sipSpName12="" sipApNum12="" sipApName12="" sipSsNum12="" sipSsName12="" sipAsNum12="" sipAsName12="" sipSpNum13="" sipSpName13="" sipApNum13="" sipApName13="" sipSsNum13="" sipSsName13="" sipAsNum13="" sipAsName13="" sipSpNum14="" sipSpName14="" sipApNum14="" sipApName14="" sipSsNum14="" sipSsName14="" sipAsNum14="" sipAsName14="" sipSpNum15="" sipSpName15="" sipApNum15="" sipApName15="" sipSsNum15="" sipSsName15="" sipAsNum15="" sipAsName15=""/>
</sipBasic>
<sipProvisioned sipClipEnableProv="1" sipLineCallHoldProv="1" sipLineCallWaitProv="1" sipLine3WayProv="1" sipLineCallTransferProv="0" sipLineMwiProv="0" sipLineAutoCallProv="1"/>
<sipServer tableSize="2">
<sipServerEntry id="1" sipRegIP="" sipRegPort="5060" sipPrxyIP="" sipPrxyPort="5060" sipDomain=""/>
<sipServerEntry id="2" sipRegIP="" sipRegPort="5060" sipPrxyIP="" sipPrxyPort="5060" sipDomain=""/>
</sipServer>
</Voice>
<SNTPCfg>
<cfg state="enable" CfgServer="disable" server1="172.30.255.1" server2="87.235.0.10" timezone="Brussels, Copenhagen, Madrid, Paris" FailTime="5" SucTime="21600" EnableSum="1"/>
</SNTPCfg>
<PPPProfile>
<pppPro tableSize="1">
<pppProEntry id="1" ProName="123" PhoneNum="*99#" auth="0" autodns="0" preferredDns="255.255.255.255" alternateDns="255.255.255.255" autoApn="1"/>
</pppPro>
</PPPProfile>
<dhcphostname>
<Entry option12="Huawei-HG556a"/>
</dhcphostname>
<pppsrv_255_65535>
<ppp_conId1 serviceName="" idleTimeout="0" ipExt="disable" auth="auto" useStaticIpAddr="0" localIpAddr="0.0.0.0" Debug="disable" ProName="123" automanualConnect="1" delayRedial="25" timeout="3" delayTime="15" BridgeMixed="disable" Mtu="1492" LcpEchoInterval="30" IpExtMac="" enblpppVoB="disable" pppVoBitstreamIPAddr="0.0.0.0"/>
</pppsrv_255_65535>
<wan_255_65535>
<entry1 vccId="1" conId="1" name="pppou_255_65535_1" protocol="PPPOU" encap="LLC" firewall="enable" nat="enable" vlanId="0" service="enable" instanceId="1509949442" primary="0.0.0.0" secondary="0.0.0.0" domain="" gw="0.0.0.0"/>
</wan_255_65535>
<igmpproxy>
<proxy_node igmpEnable="0" interface="none" version="2" groups="32" logSwitch="0"/>
</igmpproxy>
<ipsrv_0_44>
<dhcpc_conId1 state="enable" dhcpClassIdentifier="dslforum.org" mtu="1500" wanAddress="0.0.0.0" wanMask="0.0.0.0"/>
</ipsrv_0_44>
<wan_0_44>
<entry1 vccId="2" conId="1" name="Data" protocol="MER" encap="LLC" firewall="enable" nat="enable" vlanId="-1" service="enable" instanceId="1509949443" primary="0.0.0.0" secondary="0.0.0.0" domain="" gw="0.0.0.0"/>
</wan_0_44>
<ipsrv_0_34>
<dhcpc_conId1 state="disable" dhcpClassIdentifier="dslforum.org" mtu="1500" wanAddress="1.1.1.1" wanMask="255.255.255.255"/>
</ipsrv_0_34>
<wan_0_34>
<entry1 vccId="3" conId="1" name="Voice" protocol="IPOA" encap="LLC" firewall="enable" nat="disable" vlanId="-1" service="enable" instanceId="1509949444" primary="0.0.0.0" secondary="0.0.0.0" domain="" gw="0.0.0.0"/>
</wan_0_34>
<pppsrv_0_33>
<ppp_conId1 userName="hg556.acs.autocfg@instalacion" password="instalacion" serviceName="" idleTimeout="0" ipExt="disable" auth="auto" useStaticIpAddr="0" localIpAddr="255.255.255.255" Debug="disable" ProName="" automanualConnect="1" delayRedial="25" timeout="3" delayTime="15" BridgeMixed="disable" Mtu="1492" LcpEchoInterval="30" IpExtMac="" enblpppVoB="disable" pppVoBitstreamIPAddr="255.255.255.255"/>
</pppsrv_0_33>
<wan_0_33>
<entry1 vccId="4" conId="1" name="Data" protocol="PPPOE" encap="LLC" firewall="enable" nat="enable" vlanId="-1" service="disable" instanceId="1509949445" primary="0.0.0.0" secondary="0.0.0.0" domain="" gw="0.0.0.0"/>
</wan_0_33>
<ADSL>
<settings G.Dmt="enable" G.lite="enable" T1.413="enable" ADSL2="enable" AnnexL="enable" ADSL2plus="enable" AnnexM="enable" pair="inner" bitswap="enable" SRA="disable"/>
</ADSL>
</psitree>
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sun 13-Jan-13 22:31:52
Print Post

The bit starting at <Voice> shows the blank settings, not configured....

<Voice>
<sipCfg proxyAddr="0.0.0.0" proxyPort="5060" obProxyAddr="0.0.0.0" obProxyPort="5060" regAddr="0.0.0.0" regPort="5060"

<sip_phonecfg speak="0" listen="0" interval="50" region="14" minHookFlash="80" maxHookFlash="250" digitmap="[X*#ABCD].T|9XXXXXXXX|8XXXXXXXX|7XXXXXXXX|6XXXXXXXX" offhooktime="250" onhooktime="250" fstdialtime="150" autocallenbl="0" autocallnum="" autocallinterval="70" reinjection="0" innercall="1" modemservice="1"/>

<sipBasicEntry id="1" sipUserId="" sipUserName="" sipUserPasswd="" sipLocalPort="6050" sipFwdTblId="1" sipClipEnable="1" sipLineEnable="0" sipLineCallHold="1" sipLineCallWait="1" sipLine3Way="1" sipLineCallTransfer="0" sipLineMwi="0" sipLineMwiAccount=""

--

Phil

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User ngllgn
(newbie) Mon 14-Jan-13 09:09:42
Print Post

Thanks. I have had to revert to Vodafone's imposed default configuration just to get the telephony working again for now. I have had a trawl around for the correct voice/SIP configuration for firmware version V100R001C10B083 but without any luck.
Standard User Leprimitif
(newbie) Sun 05-May-13 02:04:38
Print Post

If you still havent figured it out just desactivate DHCP on the 3Com 3crwdr100y-72 and let the IP as it is.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to