Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User shaneosborne
(experienced) Mon 29-Apr-13 22:31:08
Print Post

Broadcom WLAN

[link to this post]

I'm looking for a good WLAN Card with the Broadcom chipset, can you recommend one?

I do have an Edimax WLAN Card which is almost new but my new mainboard doesn't support PCI, only PCIe.

I'm not sure if you can get a PCIe to PCI adaptor and whether they are any good or not, has anyone heard if these or had experience with them (if they exist)?

I require the Broadcom Chipset as I'm using a Billion 7800n and advised that this would offer better performance on my network as the 7800n uses the same chipset...

Many thanks in advance :/
Standard User Deadbeat
(knowledge is power) Mon 29-Apr-13 23:31:23
Print Post

Re: Broadcom WLAN

[re: shaneosborne] [link to this post]

Have you considered Homeplugs?

Got a function?
We've got it covered!
Standard User vimto_girl
(member) Tue 30-Apr-13 12:46:58
Print Post

In reply to a post by shaneosborne:
I require the Broadcom Chipset as I'm using a Billion 7800n and advised that this would offer better performance on my network as the 7800n uses the same chipset...
If only radio communications were that simple! In the real world, matching chipset manufacturers is not a top priority and the 7800N doesn't use Broadcom for the WLAN anyway.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fredfox
(experienced) Tue 30-Apr-13 12:58:56
Print Post

You only need to match chipset with the modem and DSLAM at the exchange to improve performance your ADSL performance, not the wireless performance.

Pipex
Nildram
UKFSN
Now -> Be *
Standard User shaneosborne
(experienced) Tue 30-Apr-13 14:32:11
Print Post

[re: vimto_girl] [link to this post]

Thanks for clearing that up... I was advised to purchase that card on these forums for that very reason which now I understand doesn't matter... Ah we'll, perhaps I misunderstood...

Thanks all....
  Print Thread

Jump to