Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User thesmileyone
(newbie) Mon 29-Jul-13 02:35:01
Print Post

Best modem/router compatible with DMT.Tool?

[link to this post]

I need a new router as my Linksys/Cisco WAG 120N won't even provide me with line stats manually.

I want something that works with DMT TOOL, my old NETGEAR DG834 worked perfectly with this but the actual router slowed my download speed.

Money not really an object but I would like a domestic one.

Has to work with TalkTalk which requires MTU of 1492 (or maybe not anymore, I am an original AOL 56k'er)?

I need a port for a long ethernet cable and then wireless with encrypted protection, ans some form of QoS.

Best?

Thanks

Stuck on 2mbit for last 5 years - 56k for 15 years before that. Council house development gets 100mbit fibre for free whilst the middle and upper class pay for 2mbit. Awesome!
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/13750...
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Tue 30-Jul-13 21:52:43
Print Post

Re: Best modem/router compatible with DMT.Tool?

[re: thesmileyone] [link to this post]

DMT tootl has not been updated in years, meanwhile progress has continued in the hardware. I would expect anything that would work with DMT tool would be too old and performance will suffer.

I would work backwards and decide on what info you want then try to find a modern solution that will supply it.

Good luck in your quest with whichever path you choose (blimey, I sound like the beginning of that TV program Kung Fu)

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User PhilipD
(experienced) Wed 31-Jul-13 17:19:55
Print Post

Re: Best modem/router compatible with DMT.Tool?

[re: thesmileyone] [link to this post]

Hi

Loot at the Billion 7800DXL or 7800DX if you would like VPN. These work with DMT 8.07. You are also getting one of the latest Broadcom SOC which run cooler and use less power than ones of old. MTU settings can be set as required. They have both 5GHz and 2.4GHz WiFi and all sorts of QoS settings with Gigabyte Ethernet.

Regards

Phil

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to