Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User AdrianKo
(newbie) Fri 06-Sep-13 18:31:16
Print Post

Modem upgrade or downgrade?

[link to this post]

I'm changing my BB provider to Primus and they have sent me a Technicolor TG582n pro modem.
I'm currently using a Netgear DGN2000 which is fine. Shall I continue to use this one or change to the one provided.
ie. Which is best?
Adrian
Standard User b4dger
(knowledge is power) Fri 06-Sep-13 21:04:23
Print Post

Re: Modem upgrade or downgrade?

[re: AdrianKo] [link to this post]

I would try them both and monitor/compare the stats. I believe they both use a Broadcom chipset so it could be interesting.

Edited by b4dger (Fri 06-Sep-13 21:05:20)

Standard User exporters1
(newbie) Fri 06-Sep-13 22:51:02
Print Post

Re: Modem upgrade or downgrade?

[re: b4dger] [link to this post]

Reading this w was reminded about a current ongoing problem I've had. Background first. I'm on an island, Inner Hebrides & use PlusNet. B/b speeds very low but lost all apart from telephone, beginning of May. Wrangle between BT on the ground & PlusNet [who have been superb]. Eventually BT said fault was repaired but B/b would only sync using a BT router. This after PlusNet sent 3 routers [Thomson & 2 Technicolour]. So I'm now stuck with a BT Homehub 3.

Anyone know why other people's routers will not perform but BT one will. Seems weird. The whole issue took 3 mths to resolve & tested PlusNets patience to the limit. OK I know they're part of the same empire but as different as chalk & cheese.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to