Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User Bazz747
(newbie) Sat 12-Oct-13 15:28:44
Print Post

Huawei HG612 dropping broadband overnight

[link to this post]

Hi Guys, I don't know whether this is a DSL Hardware or an ISP issue so have posted here. If in the wrong place will a moderator please move it? Thanks.

My Huawei EchoLife HG612 has dropped the broadband connection the last three nights and not re-established it automatically. I have to power cycle the modem to get the DSL light back on and broadband back.

I have found out if I disconnect my router the modem will re-sync in about three miutes, if I leave the router connected it takes about 20 minutes to re-sync.

This modem has been installed and working perfectly for several years and has only started dropping the DSL these past three nights?

I am really stumped by this any help would be most welcome?

If it drops out whilst I am away I cannot dial into my loacal network which is really hurting.

I am with TalkTalk on their SuperFast Fibre. My local cab is a Huawei about 400 mtrs.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 12-Oct-13 15:40:59
Print Post

Re: Huawei HG612 dropping broadband overnight

[re: Bazz747] [link to this post]

I wonder if it's anything to do with the firmware updates discussed in this thread? No-one there has mentioned this problem, but it may be more than coincidence.

Might be an idea to check the firmware version.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 55.8/14.5Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Bazz747
(newbie) Sat 12-Oct-13 16:06:14
Print Post

Re: Huawei HG612 dropping broadband overnight

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Strange that no one has mentioned this though? I have not unlocked the modem, so cannot interrogate it to find out if the firmware was recently updated.

I did read elsewhere that the modem re-syncs every night around 04.00, if this is the case I assuming this is when the dsl is dropped and the modem fails to re-establish connection. Once I power cycle it, it remains up all throughout the day typically from 08.00 to 00.30 with no problems.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to