Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User dragon2611
(committed) Sat 28-Mar-15 18:07:36
Print Post

Updating an Unlocked HG612

[link to this post]

Can someone post the latest firmware for the HG612, think G.INP has been enabled on my line and not sure if the F/W I have supports it, dropped from 80Mbit/s to 72Mbit/s

Also I Can't seem to get into the recovery mode to re-flash my unlocked one, the lights on the front stay lit but it does not respond at all on 192.168.1.1

If I let it boot normally then I can get to the web interface on this address and the reset button works for rebooting it

Also when it's booted normally the leds on the ethernet ports work, where as when i've held reset they don't (Just the lights on the top/front do)
Standard User boysteve
(member) Sat 28-Mar-15 19:26:19
Print Post

Re: Updating an Unlocked HG612

[re: dragon2611] [link to this post]

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4399009-re-...

B030SP08 is the latest version

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Sky Broadband Unlimited LLU without TV
Line Rental/Calls IDNET
Standard User dragon2611
(committed) Sat 28-Mar-15 19:43:33
Print Post

[re: boysteve] [link to this post]

Mines on an old version then as it's 28SP10 (I think, I'm not infront of it atm)

Annoyingly I couldn't get it into recovery/update mode and of course it can't be updated from the WebUI

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Spudgun
(regular) Sat 28-Mar-15 23:10:56
Print Post

[re: dragon2611] [link to this post]

This happened to me too. I needed to turn my AV + firewall off before it would allow me to access the firmware update page that you can get to by holding the reset button whilst inserting the power cable
Standard User dragon2611
(committed) Tue 07-Apr-15 17:58:39
Print Post

[re: Spudgun] [link to this post]

I finally managed to do it, turns out disabling the firewall was not enough I had to actually Unselect the EpFW NDIS LightWeight Filter component under Networking on the adaptors properties.
  Print Thread

Jump to