Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User woodmass14
(newbie) Wed 24-Jun-15 17:35:41
Print Post

is interleaving on?

[link to this post]

Hi there, a year back i had interleaving turned of, im currently on a tp-link TD-W8980, i can't seem to find anything on the router stating it and googling turned no results, contacted bt to ask but they had no clue what i was on about as per usual, i wish i had kept my bt home hub 3 as that stated if interleaving is on. i was going to get it changed back to interleaving for a more stable connection as im on a long line but havn't got a clue if its on or not so no point in contacting bt till i know if its on or not
Thanks
Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Wed 24-Jun-15 18:50:38
Print Post

Re: is interleaving on?

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

If your router line stats have FEC errors it shows that Forward Error Correction is "on" which in turn usually indicates that Interleaving has been switched "on" too.

plusnet user
Standard User woodmass14
(newbie) Wed 24-Jun-15 21:23:39
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

Where about in my router will i find that? ive literally looked through every tab with nothing on FEC errors, only thing ive found is "ERRORS" (PKTS) at 0 on both upload and download

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Apprentice
(knowledge is power) Thu 25-Jun-15 10:13:43
Print Post

[re: woodmass14] [link to this post]

See if your router is in the list:-

http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.php

plusnet user
Standard User woodmass14
(newbie) Thu 25-Jun-15 10:42:52
Print Post

[re: Apprentice] [link to this post]

yeah thats just telling me to go to front page, when you log in to the router it automatically takes you to the status page showing dsl stats but nothing on the dsl stats page show FEC Errors, not to worry i'll contact bt when im done with work and see what they say, thanks for your help Apprentice
  Print Thread

Jump to