Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Apr-16 10:51:32
Print Post

TP-Link 9970 bridge mode

[link to this post]

Hi,

I am unclear about how bridge mode works. I bought the modem/router in the subject just to have a spare modem. I want it to behave in exactly the same way (if possible, natch) as the BTO modem in that the router has the login info and passes it to the modem. I do not need nor want any more from the 9970, if poss.

Is the above what 'bridge mode' is in this context? All I can find about that mode is a generic definition of allowing two networks to connect and nothing more. I have even looked at other modem/router manuals to see if they would make things more clear.

Thanks in advance.

DrTeeth

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 12-Apr-16 12:42:33
Print Post

Re: TP-Link 9970 bridge mode

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

Yeap select bridge mode and the router you have takes over responsibility for the PPPoE authentication

Have also checked that in bridge mode it works with Sky FTTC service

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Apr-16 13:52:27
Print Post

Re: TP-Link 9970 bridge mode

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Thank you for clearing that up.

With kindest regards

DrT

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to