Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User amebb
(newbie) Thu 28-Apr-16 11:24:55
Print Post

BT ADSL router needs unlocking

[link to this post]

Hi there

I have a Netgear N150 Wireless adsl2+ router, model - DGN1000.

I would like to unlock this router so that it can run on my plusnet broadband. At the moment its locked to BT connections only.

Any advice on how I can do that please...?

Thanks
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 28-Apr-16 11:30:59
Print Post

Re: BT ADSL router needs unlocking

[re: amebb] [link to this post]

BT has never sold the DNG1000 as a locked device for its consumer broadband to my knowledge.

It is possible that all you actually need to is change the PPPoA authentication details to the plusnet ones in the routers web interface i.e. run the Netgear Setup wizard in the web interface http://www.thinkbroadband.com/hardware/reviews/33-ne... shows a different model router but generally very similar interfaces across Netgear range.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User amebb
(newbie) Thu 28-Apr-16 11:34:25
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Hi there

Thank you for your reply.

On the box for the router there is a sticker that says 'For BT Connections'.

So, i am assuming that this device is for a BT connection only.

At home i am using Plusnet so i would like the settings to be for that connection.

Thanks

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Thu 28-Apr-16 11:51:07
Print Post

[re: amebb] [link to this post]

That is a generic label that basically means suitable for ADSL2+ based connections in the UK.

So BT Retail, PlusNet and any other provider using ADSL2+

Other than running the set-up wizard and knowing your plusnet username and password you should need nothing else. The review I linked to will show the other UK specific settings.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
  Print Thread

Jump to