Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User BB4Tickton
(committed) Thu 19-May-16 19:13:49
Print Post

EE Wifi Calling

[link to this post]

Not sure if this is the best place to post this query, but does anyone else use EE Wifi Calling on their mobile phone?

Basically I'm having problems with other apps when wifi calling is enabled, such as Play Store doesn't shown any icons but I'm still allowed to download and install apps, HotUKDeals app doesn't refresh/update, Next Episode doesn't show items, plus many other apps are affected. As soon as I untick the wifi calling option, all these apps work as normal.

I thought it was just on my new Galaxy S7 Edge, but on my wife's old Galaxy S5, she is also experiencing the same problems.

According to EE Tech support, it was a software problem and I needed to do a factory reset of my phone, reluctantly I have done it to my phone only, which took me ages to re-install everything, but it didn't solve the issue.

However I now suspected my router (TP Link TD-W9980 with latest firmware), so after going into my loft and digging out my old modem & router I have just tested it, and guess what IT WORKS fine!

Any ideas on what is causing the issue with the W9980?

I've turned off the firewall, parent controls, change MTU size, changed DNS, re-set to factory defaults, but I'm still having the same problem.

Any ideas anyone?
  Print Thread

Jump to