Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jun-16 14:03:07
Print Post

TP-Link 9970 bridge mode fail

[link to this post]

I bought the above router a few months ago as a spare modem after hearing that BT is phasing out their modems.

Due to ill health, I was not able to configure it until now. I have done what O can to set it up in bridge mode using the manual and this https://www.ncf.ca/ncf/support/wiki/Modem_Configurat...

I just cannot get my router (Asus N66U) to authenticate my connection. The TP-Link shows as connected, but my router does not.

I must have missed out a step or done something daft, but I have spent a good hour or so changing configs on the TP without success and doing numerous reboots of both the TP and Asus. I have plugged the Asus into the LAN/WAN ethernet port on the back of the TP, even though this port is not mentioned in the manual.

Any ideas?

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.
Standard User ian007jen
(committed) Tue 14-Jun-16 15:59:29
Print Post

Re: TP-Link 9970 bridge mode fail

[re: DrTeeth] [link to this post]

Why use a Canadian website??

UK VLAN = 101 (Not 35)
Standard User DrTeeth
(knowledge is power) Tue 14-Jun-16 16:14:30
Print Post

Re: TP-Link 9970 bridge mode fail

[re: ian007jen] [link to this post]

I was just using the site for general instructions with screenshots. I was not using any setting for this as that was the default. I'll give it a try with 101 and report back.

Thanks for posting.

UPDATE:- That did it. Many, many, many thanks.

Stress - the condition brought about by having to resist the temptation to beat the living daylights out of someone who richly deserves it.

Edited by DrTeeth (Tue 14-Jun-16 16:19:00)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to