Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User ayrshiredude
(newbie) Tue 28-Jun-16 18:09:18
Print Post

Different Router, Different speed

[link to this post]

Hi

So I posted recently about problems with routers and how I was using a Plusnet Technicolor Router where I was getting around 15.8 Mbps when doing both BT Wholesale and Speed.com speed tests. However as the router kept disconnecting they sent me out a new Hub 0. However performing the same speed tests only showed around 11 mbps.

I purchased a New Plusnet Hub one which is a rebadged BT hub 5. However once again I am only getting around the 11 Mbps. If I then reconnect the Technicolor router I once again get around 15.8 Mbps.

Any ideas why this should be?
Standard User epyon
(experienced) Tue 28-Jun-16 19:27:10
Print Post

Re: Different Router, Different speed

[re: ayrshiredude] [link to this post]

Chipset in the technicolor must be a lot better compatible with you're exchange equipment.

BT Infinity 2 - 80/20
BT Infinity 2 Speedtest *Smart Hub*
BT Mobile - 4G
BT Mobile 4G Speedtest *Huawei PLK-L01*
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Wed 29-Jun-16 18:53:04
Print Post

Does the Hub 0 also lose connection a lot, or does it hold connection?

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59500/14989kbps @ 600m. - BQM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Arksun76
(newbie) Mon 11-Jul-16 19:39:59
Print Post

You didn't mention whether the new plusnet hub one thats slower also suffered the disconnection problem or not?

If not, then it could be that that has settled on a more stable speed for your line, ie 15Mbps isn't stable so keeps disconnection whereas 11Mbps IS stable.

What kind of error rates , line attenuation SNR etc are you getting?
Standard User ayrshiredude
(newbie) Mon 11-Jul-16 20:06:06
Print Post

[re: Arksun76] [link to this post]

Not sure, back using the Technicolor Router and not had a disconnection in over a week. Speed tests of just over 16 Mbps. There was an issue the other week where the SNR had gone up to over 16 Db ,that was while on the Hub One but this was reset, as was the line speed but this eventually dropped to 12 Mbps. Been on the Technicolor one again for over a week and line stable at 16.7Mbps Line speed. Can't see anything on the Technicolor router page that tells the SNR though.
  Print Thread

Jump to