Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Jul-16 07:34:15
Print Post

Netgear N300 confusion

[link to this post]

Looking to replace my old Netgear ADSL router and wanted to stick with Netgear as its been good to me over the years. Looking at the N300 router as dont need anything too fancy. There seems to be a few different N300 models out there though so anyone tell me the difference between this and this?

Is the N300 a series of routers and those just 2 versions of it?

Also wanted the DGN2200 but prefer to buy instore as easier so is this the same as the DGN2200 Amazon link i posted?

Cheers
Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Tue 12-Jul-16 08:54:54
Print Post

Re: Netgear N300 confusion

[re: bobble_bob] [link to this post]

The WNR does not include a modem, so needs an external modem or bridged modem/router to connect to the Internet.

The DGN is an ADSL2+ modem/router.

Kindness isn't going to cure the world of all its awfulness but it's a good place to begin. Daisy Ridley.
My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. Sync 59500/14989kbps @ 600m. - BQM
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Jul-16 08:57:05
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Ah thanks for that smile

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gmangt4
(newbie) Tue 12-Jul-16 10:44:54
Print Post

I have both lol as I mess around with them, only thing with the DGN is you can't set the MTU above 1454 on the interface, I had to use telnet to set it at 1500 for my ISP and it clears with every reboot.
Standard User bobble_bob
(knowledge is power) Tue 12-Jul-16 11:30:26
Print Post

[re: gmangt4] [link to this post]

Currently have a Netgear DG834 which has served me well going back to ADSL1 days, but recently had a few issues. Internet wouldnt pass data even though was connected which a reboot fixed. And last night wifi died needing a reboot. So suspect it maybe showing its age
Standard User Arksun76
(newbie) Wed 13-Jul-16 16:48:06
Print Post

Ahh the old DG834, that was my previous modem too, had lasted a good 12 years! For a single aerial device its reach was pretty good.
Needed to buy new one as I was switching to VDSL, also I think my DG834 was starting to near the end of its life too as the wireless would randomly cut out sometimes.
  Print Thread

Jump to