Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Thu 10-Nov-16 17:55:21
Print Post

ADSL Router with built in ATA?

[link to this post]

Not exactly a common beast thesedays, I have had bad experiences with the AVM Fritz! So that is not an option unfortunately, the draytek doesn't work well with my provider, so I was wondering what other options there are? I have found that TP Link used to do the TD-VG3631 but it's been discontinued.

Any other options that don't break the bank? Looking to spend less .
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Thu 10-Nov-16 20:43:44
Print Post

Re: ADSL Router with built in ATA?

[re: PiKe] [link to this post]

Why not use a separate box such as the Cisco SPA112, or for arguable a better but more expensive solution, get a Gigaset N300IP VOIP DECT base station and some C430 handsets?

Michael Chare
Standard User trolleybus
(experienced) Thu 10-Nov-16 21:32:21
Print Post

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

Yes a Gigaset is a good choice. But for some users requiring more sophisticated facilities, it becomes fiddling to use.

The ATA in the Draytek routers will work with all providers but it is essential to load the latest and correct firmware. The 2830 is more problematical to get VoIP working but no issues at all with the 2860. Sadly a mortgage is required to buy one. If you have a deep enough pocket go for the 2860Vac.

The 2860 is an all in one unit suitable for ADSL and VDSL.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Fri 11-Nov-16 00:01:23
Print Post

In reply to a post by Michael_Chare:
Why not use a separate box such as the Cisco SPA112, or for arguable a better but more expensive solution, get a Gigaset N300IP VOIP DECT base station and some C430 handsets?

Possibly better to look at the SxxxA GO from Gigaset rather than the N300IP. It is an upgraded version supplied with a single handset (or multiples if required) where the xxx is a handset variant making it a S850A GO for example.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User PiKe
(knowledge is power) Fri 11-Nov-16 10:41:09
Print Post

Is there a model with an FXO port too?
Standard User Michael_Chare
(experienced) Fri 11-Nov-16 17:26:23
Print Post

[re: PiKe] [link to this post]

The N300IP has an FXO port so you can receive (and if you want) make calls via a copper phone line. You can have dial plans so that for example, you can route all 0800 calls to go via copper phone line, and mobile calls use discountvoip.

The Cisco SPA 112 has two FXS ports each of which can be registered to separate VOIP providers.

Michael Chare
  Print Thread

Jump to