Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 04-Nov-17 15:04:22
Print Post

Re: NTE5C Quality

[re: kebabselector] [link to this post]

Fingers crossed -

A. Thatís yours sorted.

B. I pick up some nice Ďsnippyí faults like that next week. grin

Standard User kebabselector
(member) Sat 04-Nov-17 16:29:01
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

I spoke too soon.....

1 - Product name: John Lewis Router
2 - Serial number: N7171031V001372
3 - Firmware version: 7.275.6_F2704N_JOHN_LEWIS
4 - Board version: F@ST2704N
5 - Mode ADSL
6 - Uptime: 0 days 06:29:17
7 - Data rate: 800/736
8 - Maximum data rate: 1044/3684
9 - Noise margin: 11.0/35.7
10 - Line attenuation: 29.5/44.0
12 - Data sent/received: 3.8M/69.7M

On the phone now to cancel it. Currently been told I can walk away after a fault for 8 weeks, but this one has only been 6 weeks so far.

/edit - They spoke to a manager and cancelled the service smile

Hopefully my fibre will be sorted soon, had an email from the chief engineer the other day stating subject to civils etc the build is on track for an installation before the end of the year.

ISP's:
Zen: 6mb down - .7mb up
JohnLewis BB: 6mb down .7mb
Stechford (CMSTE) Cab 50 - FTTC doing Design, live due by Oct 2018 - Phase CEO Escalation 19a - Huawei (Info from Codelook)

Edited by kebabselector (Sat 04-Nov-17 20:47:49)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 04-Nov-17 21:26:44
Print Post

If you are talking about FTTC then the copper from you to the cabinet is unchanged. Only the connection at the cabinet is different.

If you are talking FTTP, then fair enough smile.

Edit - I've just noticed your sig. FTTC.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 73724/12601Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 04-Nov-17 21:28:14)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Sat 04-Nov-17 21:31:34
Print Post

Since part way through the thread I have been wondering about your DSL cable and its connectors at each end. Its own and the sockets it goes into.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk. Domains, site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - AAISP Home::1 80/20. 200GB. Sync 73724/12601Kbps @ 600m. BQMs - IPv4 & IPv6
(member) Mon 06-Nov-17 00:21:48
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
If you are talking about FTTC then the copper from you to the cabinet is unchanged. Only the connection at the cabinet is different.

If you are talking FTTP, then fair enough smile.

Edit - I've just noticed your sig. FTTC.

It's been fairly good timing, was only going to keep the Johnlewis connection for the year as FTTC should be with us by August (when the contact was up) - Still saves me cancelling it now. I was always going to switch my Zen account over to Fibre so what happens to the JL cable I don't really care about anymore.

Thanks for all that have commented etc, you've all done more than John Lewis / Plusnet have done since the August install!

ISP's:
JohnLewis BB: Cancelled
Stechford (CMSTE) Cab 50 - FTTC doing Design, live due by Oct 2018 - Phase CEO Escalation 19a - Huawei (Info from Codelook)

Edited by kebabselector (Mon 06-Nov-17 00:25:18)

Standard User RobertoS
(elder) Mon 06-Nov-17 11:00:15
Print Post

I'm not sure I made myself clear.

If the problem with your connection is between you and the cabinet, then moving to FTTC instead of ADSLx isn't going to fix it.

(member) Mon 06-Nov-17 11:51:07
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

I see, I did have two lines, but the Zen service has generally always been good and available - that's the one that will be upgraded once FTTC turns up.

The issues I've had have only been on the second line/BB Service.

ISP's:
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 13-Dec-17 21:37:17
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
I must admit, I think these 5cís are as cheap as chips, not a fan at all.
If I had found myself rewiring a newly installed master socket to shift its location today, which obviously I didn't, I might have noticed how utterly dreadful the NTE5C was.

Hypothetically, there didn't seem to be anywhere to use a cable tie to secure the incoming cable to the back of the rear half.

At least the line will only ever be used for voice as there's FTTP right next to it.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 14-Dec-17 12:52:49
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

Yep, told ya so - and the lack of somewhere to secure the cable to is indicative of its cheapness ...

Many NTEís are at skirting level, have you tried to terminate extension wiring ? Itís a huge faff, often end up using off cuts into the terminations then crimping on to the actual wires after, just so you can actually see what you are doing ....

Never mind, as long as the bean counters are happy ......

(committed) Thu 14-Dec-17 13:09:12
Print Post

[re: caffn8me] [link to this post]

Hypothetically I agree, I would have noticed if I had removed it and replaced it with a blanking plate after cancelling JL BB.

ISP's:
BCC Planning Portal Ref: 2017/09636/PA
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to