Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User WilliamGrimsley
(experienced) Fri 15-Dec-17 10:08:20
Print Post

Re: NTE5C Quality

[re: kebabselector] [link to this post]

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the design of the NTE5C/master socket 5C, but performance wise, I haven't noticed any impacts.

William Grimsley.
Standard User caffn8me
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 15-Dec-17 12:30:44
Print Post

Re: NTE5C Quality

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

The telephone line was a second line in the property and it was installed by a Quinn contractor a few days after the first line had gone live and a couple of hours after one of your colleagues had installed FTTP. He was top notch and checked to see if the phone line install had already been allocated as a job because he was happy to do that as well if it hadn't.

Well, Quinn got the job and it's a good thing I was there. The 'engineer' was all in favour of disconnecting the existing newly installed line so he could use its pair.

Once I persuaded him he needed to tone to find the second pair he told me he had to bring the cable out though the same hole in the plasterboard as the original phone socket even though there was a blank single gang faceplate with an empty back box right next to it.

Apparently he wasn't allowed to mess with anything like that so I pulled the cable through for him. Trying to fit the new master socket he then pushed the M3.5 nuts in the back box mounting ears out so they fell in the cavity.

Sarah

--
If I can't drink my bowl of coffee three times daily, then in my torment, I will shrivel up like a piece of roast goat

Spiders on coffee - Badass spiders on drugs
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to