Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread
Standard User nickscs
(member) Thu 12-Oct-17 18:23:23
Print Post

ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A wireless problem

[link to this post]

Hi, I have a problem with the wireless connection on my ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A, my PC has ethernet connection, but my tablet, phone is wireless( 2.4g) as is my sons xbox. The router seems fine most of the time but occasionally blocks wireless re-connections, usually in the mornings, although wireless is running.
To get back connected is via using my pc to connect to the router, disable then re-enable the wireless on setting page.
I have tried resetting the router to default, no difference, upgraded firmware and still no difference, The latest firmware upgrade to AAL18 seems to have made things worse.............. any ideas please?

Nick
Standard User Michael_Chare
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 12-Oct-17 19:54:39
Print Post

Re: ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A wireless problem

[re: nickscs] [link to this post]

Have you tried running any software that shows what other networks you might be competing with?

I have not experienced the same problem, but I don't use Android equipment very much.

If you don't get much response here, you might find the Kitx forum a better place to discuss your problem as there are clearly a number of fans of that Zyxel router there.

Michael Chare
Standard User nickscs
(member) Thu 12-Oct-17 22:19:33
Print Post

Re: ZyXEL VMG8924-B10A wireless problem

[re: Michael_Chare] [link to this post]

Hi Michael,
thanks for your reply, I have, but but live in the sticks and only have my next door neighbours, who are on a different channel. I did wonder at first if it was something to do with my pc going to sleep, but it still happens if it`s shutdown.
Will try on the kitz forum as you suggest, N

Edited by nickscs (Thu 12-Oct-17 22:27:28)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Print Thread

Jump to