Technical Discussion
  >> DSL Hardware Discussion

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User alloneword
(member) Fri 16-Feb-18 12:24:16
Print Post

BT infinity Routers (yes subject edited)

[link to this post]

I already have the White box thing installed (ONT i think it is called) and install date for everthing else is the 26th, now from reading here i understand i will get router sent out so i get it on the 25th, the guy who comes round on the 26th is it a simple job of fire it up plug in all cables and away you go, if so why can't i do that myself when i get the router or is there alot more to it, then simple Joe Bloggs (me) understands.

All1

Edited by alloneword (Sat 17-Feb-18 00:20:14)

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Feb-18 12:48:29
Print Post

Re: BT Infinisty Routers

[re: alloneword] [link to this post]

Are you talking FTTP? The engineer might need to do work to fully fire up and test the ONT. The router itself is just a plug and go but with FTTP they are still engineer installs so the engineer would do it for you and test to see all is working.
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Feb-18 14:28:43
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

There are quite a few different scenarios when it comes to FTTP provision, as I think you were inferring, the OP would need to provide a fair bit more detail to clarify anything.

Maybe best an engineer does come round and set up his ‘Infinistry’ wink

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ian72
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 16-Feb-18 14:59:25
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Maybe best an engineer does come round and set up his ‘Infinistry’ wink
You have a stray 'r' in there wink Ironic that you should mistype the mistype...

Edited by ian72 (Fri 16-Feb-18 15:01:18)

Standard User ukhardy07
(knowledge is power) Fri 16-Feb-18 16:04:28
Print Post

You plug the infinistry router into the ONtistry device.The engineistry visits to work out the technical bits.
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 16-Feb-18 16:07:44
Print Post

Openreach need to activate your ONT. Once this is done (PON light should be a solid green) you can plug ANY router into the lan port of the ONT to get a connection - no need for FTTP authentication on BT Retail.

FluidOne FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Linksys EA9500v2
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 16-Feb-18 16:41:57
Print Post

[re: ukhardy07] [link to this post]

A friendly but cautionary note...

Making fun of me and my typing mistakes, usually a result of brain thinking of the next sentence while fingers type the existing one, can I urge some restraint towards other posters, with long standing members where the level for them taking offence or just seeing the joke is well understood its fine.

Put another way - please be careful to not scare away new posters by giving the forums a 'populated by grammar police' reputation.

The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User alloneword
(member) Sat 17-Feb-18 00:21:20
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
A friendly but cautionary note...

Making fun of me and my typing mistakes, usually a result of brain thinking of the next sentence while fingers type the existing one, can I urge some restraint towards other posters, with long standing members where the level for them taking offence or just seeing the joke is well understood its fine.

Put another way - please be careful to not scare away new posters by giving the forums a 'populated by grammar police' reputation.

Thanks but looks like they are on a roll with my typo :-}
Standard User alloneword
(member) Sat 17-Feb-18 00:24:17
Print Post

[re: ian72] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ian72:
Are you talking FTTP? The engineer might need to do work to fully fire up and test the ONT. The router itself is just a plug and go but with FTTP they are still engineer installs so the engineer would do it for you and test to see all is working.

That might be hard as i know very little myself, had the guys come round and do the ONT and left a long black cable that i'm told will go into the router but that is about as much as i know, yes it's FTTP
Standard User ian007jen
(experienced) Sat 17-Feb-18 10:40:43
Print Post

BT will send you a router, and in the box will be instructions on how to connect to your FTTP connection.

Simple, or phone BT for support on the 26th.

Ian
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to